Computers, Gaming, & Technology Here you can talk about anything with circuit boards, or dilithium crystals, or flux capacitors. Show off your technology, computing, and gaming knowledge.

Just bought a touch tablet for $90

Old 03-08-2011, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Elantra GLS
Default Just bought a touch tablet for $90

https://1saleaday.com/

Ends at Midnight!

Pretty cheap, so even if it sucks...it'll still be worth it, since its Android powered.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:02 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

That is a good price. Unfortunately it's lacking some features I would want.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:05 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Yeah.... That Android 2.1 isn't really designed for a tablet. it's phone software running on a larger platform. You can get an android phone for about $50 with new contract from AT&T. My phone came with 14G internal memory, 1Ghz processor, and it came with Android 2.1, which I immediately upgraded to Andromeda Android2.2 ROM. That tablet should be upgraded to 3.0, or 3.1 or 3.1.1.... It's not really a tablet, it's a big phone without calling capabilities.

As a maintainer of the community ROM Andromeda (http://teamkomin.googlecode.com) it saddens me that the designers of that system did not even spend time to customize the launcher for more rows/columns per page. That's a basic feature that should have been changed. it's too easy to make the modification. I've got a few APK files decompressed right now and I'm tuning them for the Team Komin Andromeda3.0 Android 2.3 release.

My biggest complaint with what I'm seeing on that tablet is it's OS... Android 2.1 should be upgraded ASAP on that thing. It's far less functional then my AT&T phone was before I upgraded to Andromeda.