Computers, Gaming, & Technology Here you can talk about anything with circuit boards, or dilithium crystals, or flux capacitors. Show off your technology, computing, and gaming knowledge.

Does anyone use Swype while texting?

Old 03-10-2011, 01:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Accent
Default Does anyone use Swype while texting?

Ive been thinking about downloading it as an App and seeing if its any good. Those that use it, how difficult was it to learn and get the hang of?
Old 03-10-2011, 01:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 1997 Beta Swapped Accent

I do, I even you it with one hand.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

I didn't even know you could download it. It came on my phone (Samsung EPIC) and I would be lost without it.. takes a little getting used to, but once you get used to it and adjust the speed/precision settings to your abilities, you can text FAST..

I really like it!!

I would say the learning curve for someone who is used to t9 or QWERTY would be like a 2/10, 10 being hard to learn.

I also have a full QWERTY keyboard on my phone which i got used to on my Samsung Exclaim and I hardly use it since I can Swype longer words much faster.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:48 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Juanra, you can use any cell phone keyboard with 1 hand.

We at Team Komin distribute Swype keyboard with Andromeda. Some people like it. Personally, I hate it.

1. It is a PITA for me with my big hands. Using the Swype input, I tend to touch the wrong spot and end up backspacing an entire word way too often. I can do about 20-30WPM with the Gingerbread keyboard, and about 10 with Swype.

2. The Swype keyboard, when used as a standard touch keyboard has ticks and vibrations to let you know when you hit the key. It waits for one tick to stop before it starts another tick. I can type much faster than it ticks so it throws me off when I'm typing and I end up slowing down and waiting for the tick.

3. Swype smears up your screen. After light usage you have to clean the screen. I'd much rather just use a standard tap keyboard because you can see your screen in the sun after using it.

You can get better functionality from Better Keyboard 7 or Better Keyboard 8 if you're looking for a change.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 1997 Beta Swapped Accent

Let me explain my self a little better, before I had my galaxy I had a Touch Pro 2. The difficulty for me is that I you the phone's OS in English and I text in Spanish!. That's almost impossible to do with one hand on the HTC but swype dictionary is really good and yo adapt fast to it.