Computers, Gaming, & Technology Here you can talk about anything with circuit boards, or dilithium crystals, or flux capacitors. Show off your technology, computing, and gaming knowledge.

How many paid apps do you think you have bought total?

Old 03-18-2011, 01:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2002 Elantra
Default How many paid apps do you think you have bought total?

I can seriously say that I have not once ever bought a single app. I stick to the freebies!
Old 03-18-2011, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Two... both games.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

NONE. And I have an iphone.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:52 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I've bought several. There's plenty of people who make great apps for free. There's those who make a nitch for themselves in specialized apps.

Here are my purchases-

Android:

Weather & Toggle widget $1- A pretty looking clock and an array of controls which are all skinnable and able to be placed on the desktops

Titanium Backup $5- A program which allows you to make backups and restore them. As a developer, I often (about 2x a day) have to reformat my phone. Titanium Backup Pro allows me to reformat, then root, then restore all of my apps within 10 minutes. I didn't need to buy it, but I wanted to donate

QuickSSHd $1 - allows you to mount your filesystem to your desktop and browse around so you can add and delete files. It is normally a core feature of Linux, but has been stripped from both iOS and Android. As an additional benefeit, Some software on android will not allow you to modify any files outside of the /sdcard/ folder. With QuickSSHd, you connect to a "network drive" which is on your phone and you can modify anything you like. I didn't need to buy it, but I wanted to donate.

Baby Shaker $1 - This was entirely the worst app I've ever purchased. It was banned from the iOS app store so I wanted to try it to see why it was banned. It's f*cking disgusting. I'm attaching it using QuickSSHd. I can't get my money back for this app. I regret ever buying it. THE WORST f*cking APP EVER! It was in horribly bad taste to make it.

nevermind.... I can't attach .apk files to the site..... piece of sh*t app.

iOS:

iSSH $10- A program which allows you to log into the terminal on your phone or your home computer. You can also use VNC and control your home computer. This is basically the front-end for a program like QuickSSHd, but it also allows for alot of other features.

I think I also purchased about $10 of games and other utilities.

I don't have an iPhone anymore. iPhone is too locked down for me. I want to be able to get in and modify things... When I say I like to modify things, check this out. http://code.google.com/p/teamkomin/updates/list That goes on for 4 pages.

That link shows the work Team Komin has been performing on Andromeda. Andromeda is a replacement operating system for the AT&T Captivate. It can be used on all captivates though. Here's a link to our nightly builds if you want them. http://files.teamkomin.com/Andromeda/nightly/ Team Komin's stuff is free of charge, safe to use, and completely reversible with the use of Odin3.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:24 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I've bought 5 or 6. Trackmaster, Dynomaster, Camber Gauge, SpacePhysics, Tower Raiders Gold, maybe another one I can't remember.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:06 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

What is camber gauge?
Old 03-21-2011, 01:18 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Trackaroo sells it, it's an app that lets you calibrate the phone for the vertical reading, then you place it against your wheel and it shows your camber. I don't know how accurate it is though. Probably not very.