Chef's Corner (Hells Kitchen) A forum for all your cooking delights! Post up cooking horror stories, your favorite recipe's, questions, or anything else that relates to what happens in the kitchen!

What do you guys use to brew your coffee?

Old 02-17-2010, 09:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

Mr. Coffee here too. You guys are nuts spending the money on that high end BS. Of course, I like to drink 3-4 cups everyday, so at $0.63 a cup or whatever, it would still be costly.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:40 PM

Vehicle: 2004 hyundai tiburon

We drink Finnish coffee good and strong. Fresh ground on the weekends because we have time. Out of a can on work days 'cause there's no time. When we want it fast and easy we use Trader Joes instant. cool.gif
Old 02-17-2010, 09:58 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bdiggy @ Feb 17 2010, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Mr. Coffee here too. You guys are nuts spending the money on that high end BS. Of course, I like to drink 3-4 cups everyday, so at $0.63 a cup or whatever, it would still be costly.</div>
Yeah, I drink one cup a day or less and that's comparing the other option of $3.00 at the bikini espresso stand.

Stacy won the coffee maker from work, I wouldn't have spent the money on it either. After having one, I do think it would have been worth it for me though. Not for a heavy coffee drinker, or if I was a heavy drinker I would run the regular filter canister in it and just use regular ground coffee, which you can also do.

Mostly I hate having a pot of coffee. If the carafe is heated, it'll burn the coffee, and if it's not the coffee is cold. Either way it makes about 10 times what I need. smile.gif
Old 02-18-2010, 12:02 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bdiggy @ Feb 17 2010, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Mr. Coffee here too. You guys are nuts spending the money on that high end BS. Of course, I like to drink 3-4 cups everyday, so at $0.63 a cup or whatever, it would still be costly.</div>

You kidding me? My C1000 kicks a*s. I stick beans in one side, water in the other. I press a button, it grinds the coffee, filters the water, pressure brews anything from a shot of Espresso to an 8oz. mug, cleans the grounds out of the brewer and drops them into a container I empty every other day. It also steams milk.

It cost me $800 five years ago. It broke once two years ago. I called them and they sent me a brand new one. I packed my old one in the box and sent it back, no questions asked. Kicks a*s.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:22 AM

Vehicle: 2002 Accent

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (majikTib @ Feb 17 2010, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'></div>

i hope you're kidding me. I work there and i hate that sh*t. only good thing i ever got out of that was i learned how to actually taste coffee. starbucks has decent beans to take home for your coffee maker (i would use a french press) but if you buy a drink they make for you, you lose.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:43 AM
Super Moderator

I frequent Starbuck's, but I only buy straight coffee. I also only get a Tall, since I get free refills with my card (Red card, so they donate 5 cents every time I use it). I don't do high-fat, high-sugar frou-frou drinks.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:09 AM

Vehicle: 2010 nothing

i used to drink coffee all day, everyday. i've cut down to 2 - 3 cups in the mornings now. i like to use S&W Mellow'd coffee, but the store where i get it has put it on clearance so i'm guessing that they aren't gonna sell it anymore. sad.gif
Old 02-18-2010, 06:19 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (majikTib @ Feb 17 2010, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'></div>

They say the bigger the starbucks order, the bigger the a**hole a person is. lmao.gif

"I'll take a decaf grande half-soy, half-lowfat, iced vanilla, double-shot, gingerbread cappuccino, extra dry, light ice, with one Sweet-n’-Low and one NutraSweet"

If someone said that to me, I'd be like...ummm.... gtfo2.gif
Old 02-18-2010, 07:29 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (i8acobra @ Feb 18 2010, 02:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>You kidding me? My C1000 kicks a*s. I stick beans in one side, water in the other. I press a button, it grinds the coffee, filters the water, pressure brews anything from a shot of Espresso to an 8oz. mug, cleans the grounds out of the brewer and drops them into a container I empty every other day. It also steams milk.

It cost me $800 five years ago. It broke once two years ago. I called them and they sent me a brand new one. I packed my old one in the box and sent it back, no questions asked. Kicks a*s.</div>

....and I spent $14 on mine 8 years ago and it's still working. Hell no i'm not kidding! Coffee isn't worth an $800 machine. I'd stop drinking it first.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator

...and for 8 years, you've had to either grind your beans or buy crappy pre-ground coffee, insert a filter, fill the reservoir, measure the coffee and wait 10-15 minutes for a pot to brew. If you want a second cup in two hours, you pour out a mug of two-hour old coffee that's been sitting on a warmer. Two hours later, you get a 4-hour old cup of coffee.

Me... I press 3 buttons and get a fresh cup of coffee any time I want. It's worth it to me. Plus, pressure brewed tastes better than drip.