Chef's Corner (Hells Kitchen) A forum for all your cooking delights! Post up cooking horror stories, your favorite recipe's, questions, or anything else that relates to what happens in the kitchen!

Favorite Main Dish

Old 03-02-2008, 10:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

Being a chef, I always strive to come up with new and innovative dishes to eat. So as far as favorite thing to cook, don't think I have one yet. Favorite thing to eat on the other hand, has to be salami. I love salami sandwiches.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:25 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Nice...so we expect to see LOTS of good recipes from you in this forum! laugh.gif tongue.gif
Old 03-03-2008, 09:40 AM

Vehicle: 05 Hyundai Tiburon SE

Since we are on our diet we are looking for good low cal recipes.. I found a webpage that has hella good recipes. So that make me happy. I was so suprise that the things they had were low cal, because the were rich with flavor..
Old 03-03-2008, 10:58 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

^^Give me a couple of months and i'll have some great one's for you (low cal that is.) We do an author dinner once a month which pairs a cook book author with a wine vintor and people come and enjoy a 5 course meal with paired wines and get signed copies of the author's book. Anyway, our May book is going to be a low fat, low cal book.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:40 PM

Vehicle: 05 Hyundai Tiburon SE

Sweet.. I can't wait. Now that I am home all day long with nothing to do, I like to go through websites and get recipes. I have yet to find a bad one. Even stuff that sounds not so good on paper comes out really good. I change it a little if there are things that we don't like. It would be nice to get some other ones though. The hubby loves it though. I went from only cooking out of a bag or a box, to cooking with real ingredients. The food is so much cheaper to make and way better for you.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:46 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Hyundai Accent 1.6T

Im a lot like Bdiggy, Im always trying to create new dishes and flavor combos. Although I cant deny the classic Chicken Parmesan!! That and lasagna. You can never go wrong wit that.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:28 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon FX

Its kinda funny that I love greek food sooo much, Wilburs mom actually thought I was Greek when she first met me cuz of my skin tone, hair color and, well, my chest!! LOL!! I was like no but it would be cool to know how to make all those yummy dishes!!
Old 04-24-2008, 09:14 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I could eat a Gyro everyday.... i'm drooling now, thinkin' about scrappin' my diet and turkey sandwich and grabbing one for lunch. Yup, I think I am! There was a great place right next to school, so the last 2 years of college I gained about 15 pounds eating there for lunch everyday. Good size portions, and I couldn't leave any on my plate it was so good!!!

It's hit or miss in Nashville. There are 2 REALLY good places I love to go... but I've probably been to 4 that I can't stand. There's an "authentic" greek place nearby that really does appear to be how an Athens restaurant would be. They prepare each salad individually (greek salad served with everything) but the meat just doesn't have the flavoring and taste the other "fast food" versions do.

another problem I have is I hate cucumbers, so the Tzaziki sauce is horrible to me, I gotta go ranch. I guess what I'm saying is I love americanized greek food! horsey.gif

but to continue with the off/on-topic discussion... I've been dieting since the beginning of the year. I royally messed up my shoulder, so my exercises are heavily restricted and my weight loss has slowed down... but we eat out A LOT, and I found this website to be helpful in picking what's best to eat.
http://www.dwlz.com/restaurants.html. BEWARE of Outback Steakhouse!! Bloomin' Onion is like 2300 calories and the Cheese Fries are like 2600!!

It's a weight watchers based web site, but gives nutritional info for hundreds of restaurants and fast food.

Favorite Food: Italian then Steak 'n Potatoes then Mongolian Stirfry then Mexican
Favorite Restaurant: Maggiano's or Outback / Stoney River or Genghis Grill or Moe's Southwestern Grill
Old 04-24-2008, 11:55 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

We've got a really nice authentic Greek place close to where I live. It's so good and it's only $4.50 for a gyro.

I like making Mongolian stir fry. But it's freaking expensive and it takes a long time to slice up the meat that thin. It seems to work the best to cut it frozen but it's harder to cut then. I think last time I made mongolian stir fry it came out to something like $50 worth of ingredients to feed 4 people so it just wasn't really worth it in the end to make it myself.
Old 04-24-2008, 03:39 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Hyundai Accent 1.6T

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(187sks @ Apr 24 2008, 10:55 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'>We've got a really nice authentic Greek place close to where I live. It's so good and it's only $4.50 for a gyro.

I like making Mongolian stir fry. But it's freaking expensive and it takes a long time to slice up the meat that thin. It seems to work the best to cut it frozen but it's harder to cut then. I think last time I made mongolian stir fry it came out to something like $50 worth of ingredients to feed 4 people so it just wasn't really worth it in the end to make it myself.</div>

I have yet to eat a Gyro, but theres this place by my house called Daphnie's. Its got some awsome heb and lemon rotisserie chicken...oh the healthiest too ya know. laugh.gif

Since we are on the topic of foreign food I LOVE wub.gif INDIAN FOOD!!!! Oh the flavors and texture. All the currys and sauces they eat. I swear if I had to go veggitarian I would be fine as long as its indian food. Chicken Tika Massala is my favorite. So creamy and just plain tasty.
Im such a Scrumptious food nut....ug I need to eat again Im hungry. Havnt had breakfast.