Chef's Corner (Hells Kitchen) A forum for all your cooking delights! Post up cooking horror stories, your favorite recipe's, questions, or anything else that relates to what happens in the kitchen!

Favorite Holiday for Feasting?

Old 04-29-2008, 08:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech
Default Favorite Holiday for Feasting?

Thinking about family and large quanities of food got me going on this one. Which holiday is your favorite one to chow down at?

For me it would have to be Thanksgiving. My stepfather is pure Italian and it's the only time of year we get his famous sausage stuffing. Not really a turkey fan, but all the side dishes make this my favorite.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:52 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Thanksgiving's good, also Christmas.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:57 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon FX

Lets see for me its a tie between Easter, Christmas and Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving cuz of the Cranberries (my grandpa makes them fresh) and mashed potatoes...my two favorite dishes oh and of course leftover Turkey sandwiches with cranberry sauce
Christmas cuz my dad normally makes Fudge
and Easter cuz my mom makes my ultimate favorite dish which is this Potatoe dish with cheese and ham its soooo good
Old 04-30-2008, 09:48 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Halloween because of all the candy! laugh.gif tongue.gif

Just kidding. It would have to be either Thanksgiving or Christmas for me. smile.gif
Old 05-06-2008, 09:42 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Hyundai Accent 1.6T

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bdiggy @ Apr 29 2008, 07:14 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'>Thinking about family and large quanities of food got me going on this one. Which holiday is your favorite one to chow down at?

For me it would have to be Thanksgiving. My stepfather is pure Italian and it's the only time of year we get his famous sausage stuffing. Not really a turkey fan, but all the side dishes make this my favorite.</div>
Was christmas. Both my grand parents were Sicilian and she would make these awsome little connolis every year...Id take 50 home evey time. it was so cool. Still Thanks giving was always the best...Sour cream cheese apple pie...mmmmm tongue.gif
Old 05-07-2008, 07:03 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fintile @ May 6 2008, 11:42 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'>Sour cream cheese apple pie...mmmmm tongue.gif</div>
Sounds fattening and really not good for my diabetes....................but good none the less!