The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Yeah! For Me!

Old 12-08-2006, 12:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 06 suby impreza outback sport

yesterday a guy from property damage came to look at my car for my insurance. and he asked me if i got an estimate and i told him. $2600 and $2100 for the two places i checked out. 20 mins later he calls me and asks how many miles cause he fogot and year. i tell him then he goes i think they might just call it as a totalled car because of they age of the car and it's worth probably is close to that range.

the only thing wrong with the car is hood, radiator support, headlights, and a broken bracket on the passenger side.

yesterday at work i came up with these options:

1. if they insurance fixes it, keep it.
2. if they don't fix it and i still want to keep the car ask them to cover half and i'll cover the other half.
3. take off all the parts and let the insurance junk it and get a new car.
4. take off all the parts and sell the car as a parts car cause it's still in flawless condition.
5. get a accent and beta swap and everything else that can go over.

help me out.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:24 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

most likely insurance will total it out. I had a 97 and had front end damage ruining the hood, bumper, radiator support and one headlight. Mine was totalled out in no time. If you end up keeping it, sweet.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:26 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

If they total it just take your aftermarket parts off and pick up a newer RD. They can be had for pretty cheap if you look hard.

hmm i wouldnt mind a parts car either