The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.
View Poll Results: Is It Totaled!
Yes
38.46%
No
61.54%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Wrecked My Car Today!

Old 01-19-2007, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Looks okay to me.

I think you can:

replace the hood

right fender

radiator

front bumper

right headlight assembly

AC condensor

and some little related stuff</div>

Yeah bro i think the same, looks fine. Imports tend to look like somebody shot at them with a tank but end up being fine. As long as there is no frame damage (they will be able to tell once its up on a frame rack) then your all good. And even if there is frame damage... my friend rearended a lady at about 60mph in his rsx, his motor came nearly through the firewall, they put the car up on a frame bender and it turned out fine, no wobbles no nothing. Of course since you have full coverage dont even let it get to you, everything will work out in time.

Maybe take this time to upgarde everything thats broken to aftermarket laugh.gif... koyo radiator, maybe aftermarket front end if you wanted a body kit =P
Old 01-19-2007, 11:46 AM
MKE

well, still no word from the insurance peoples yet. but i just got off the phone with my uncle, who works at a collision shop around denver doing this for a living. According to him, if the damage is close to 75% of what the car is worth, its totaled. and he said with labor and everything i'm looking at around 5,500 to 7,000$. and that's based on those same pics.

he also said, because the car isn't a big salvage one, that the buyback should be under 1,000$. should i buy it back if it is under that? just because they said they will make the check out on the spot and they are supposed to be here soon.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:07 PM

Mang!

So sorry to hear this. My advice - Keep cool..see what the insurance company says and apply your mind to get through this.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:20 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Dont worry about it getting totaled. When I messed up my tib, I thought it was going to get totaled..there was about 4k worth of damage. I had to get a new door, new fender, two new tires, all new suspension parts for the passenger front..it was crazy.

It just looks like youd need a new hood, bumper, headlights, and fender. If they total the car out for that then I think its crazy.

Good luck and as hard as it may be, try to be optimistic.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:24 PM

Did the airbags go off? Looks like they should've, ya never know though... They cost quite a bit to replace as well...
Old 01-19-2007, 01:28 PM
Banned

its not totalled FYI, unless your insurance people are fags.. i had the EXACT same damage when i ass raped a Sorento. i swear it looked idendical to your damage, i couldnt even see over my hood. should be about 3k in damage at a body shop..

you will need a new radiator support which is where most of your labor will come from.. my advice.. source your own parts.. even if they arent the right color, you will be able to keep your tib, and you can get the new parts Maacod for now..

my gues is you will need

corner lens'
headlights'
radiator support
hood
fender
radiator
forget the AC condensor get one at another time or PM tanc and see if he still has my old one and if he will sell it to ya.

but seriously see what the insurance says and if they say its totalled take it to another shop, or get a 2nd opinion, see if you can source your own parts, and you will save a good chunk of $$$. to save a tib, i will call around for you on some parts if you want..

but go to carpart.net or w/e it is and look for parts, try and find black if you can, but if you cant, Maaco could paint all your front end parts temporarily for like 100$ wouldnt look the best but the tib wouldnt be multi colored and would still be alive.

i thought my car woulda been totalled too, but seriously take it to a diff shop.. 5500$ is WAYYY too much.. i took mine to a shop where paint jobs cost 4k, and my grand total was 3612$ for all my damage. that included new fenders, new hood, new bumper, new headlights, new radiator, new rad support, blending all paint, new corners. ( i took this time as advantage and had them repaint my front bumper, and re clear my CF hood)

also you could look into aftermarket hoods, or a new front bumper, if they dont total it.

PS: when i got in my accident, i thought o this aint bad, i just need a new hood, bumper and new fenders, but theres alot more damage when you really look under there. once the hood gets pryed up. lmao.gif i cut my hood off with a plasma cutter.. lol

PSS: lol i just realized your drivers side was fine.. it should cost less than my damage.. im thinkin more like 3000. we WILL get your car back on the road.. source out a used radiator, have them fix the support, and have it towed back home, and source the parts out and install them yourself.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:35 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I dunno socks, final bill for my fender + corner + painting the fender, part of the door and part of the hood was over 1,600, and he has a lot more damage ten that.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:40 PM
Banned

^^^^^ then your insurance got ripped the hell off.. lol lmao.gif

his damage isnt that bad.. 98% of the parts are direct bolt on replacement.. he dont have to worry about the painting right now.. its more about being able to keep the car on the road.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:47 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon FX

That sucks man. If they don't total it where are you gonna get it fixed?? I got mine done at Carstar/Northeast Collision in Elma. They did a pretty good job after it was t-boned.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:39 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Get aftermarket:
CF Hood - $500
CF Fenders (if u can find) - $350
Clear Corners - $70?
Fiberglass Front Bumper - $300

Get OEM:
Headlight - 120??
Radiator Support & Radiator - $500??

Then all you have to paint is the front bumper and maybe a fender, if you can't get CF. Find a place that will charge $100 for the front bumper matched.

Install everything you can yourself. You'll save tons of cash