The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Why Does Everyone Hate On Tibs?

Old 10-11-2005, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think a lot of them are biased idiots who are held down by their dogmatic opinions.

Value for the money, the Tib wins. I spent 6K on a car that gets looks all the time. The thing is with the Tib, it's a love-it-or-hate-it kind of thing.

Their opinions mean dirt to me, because they probably don't know jack shit about KDM, or Korean tuning. The RD series isn't Koreas most popular tuning platform for nothing. Our cars have potential, and personality that a Mustang or Civic could never have, IMO.
Old 10-11-2005, 03:36 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kb5133 @ Oct 4 2005, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I don't think it make sense to hate on any model of car. If a car's done up right and someone has poured their blood, sweat, tears and $$$ into to make the car they wanted then I definitely respect that. I can't respect that someone goes out and buys a "fast" car that they don't know jack about and hates on everyone else.</div>

That is my opinion as well. I do not care what you drive. It can be a chevette or a Ferrari, as long as you put part of your soul into the car. A little bit of blood, sweat, and tears mixed with knowledge, money, and old fashioned work usually makes for a great car.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:07 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

People need to know the history of a vehicle and where it's roots came from. On the zx site I actually got called a ricer from the owner of a Japanese vehicle. I was also told by a Nissan owner that all Korean cars are junk, yet in the mid 80s Nissan teamed with Samsung to manufacture vehicles in Korea.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:52 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

Interesting read. I agree that whatever you do well, will do well. But the Tib is a unique sexy car over anything else out there that always turns heads and only hater's have anything bad to say about it. Never a mechanic or car enthusiast. Just like those articles I posted up said. . referencing Hyundai as an up and coming company that people need to watch out for in sales competition for what they provide. ALot of young ones look at the name and not the potential of the car/engine design and that is sad. Ask them if they'd take the Eclipse over the GK and they probably will based on name but then let them know it is the worst car in it's class right next to the GK's at the bottom of the list. I mean I look at Nissan and see Ugly cars like Altimas and Maximas and everything else they do family style that are boring, but I recognize and respect their sportscar background and z series.

Now everyone I MEAN EVERYONE is dropping their cars for an "oh I'll go old school and unique" with a 240. Congrats you now own a car that is as common as the civic on the circuit tour.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:28 PM

I was going to get a 240SX but the only ones I could find were high mileage and were not in good condition at all.

240SX is a classic sports car mang, and I hardly see any of those around here. I think I see more RD's in the area than 240's.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:24 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (silvertibbs @ Oct 4 2005, 12:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>And for them TC comments, I met her in person, she came to see me. LOL, and how do I get on her friends list??</div>

damn, I didnt know I was that popular, LOL. go to myspace.com/tibbychick and just request my friendship or whatever and I'll approve you.

regarding the topic at hand, sh!t like this used to get me really pissed but now its just like, whatever. People are always gonna hate, we just gotta keep going and proving them wrong. I love my tiburon, I had contemplated selling it but I won't. I refuse to be a sell out. I will always have it, whether its this version or a different one. Being different, being the underdog, that's always been my way of life. When you are passionate and happy about your car thats all that matters, and that's when you have triumphed over all the haters. And thankfully, not everyone hates tibs.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:11 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

Uhh, word. fing02.gif ^^
Old 12-20-2006, 10:32 PM

LOL, they compare a Tib to a Supra, thats like comparing apples to oranges. They're probably 16 year old tools that drive Hondas with a muffler and wish that they could afford a Supra in proper running condition

I had a 91 Supra Turbo before my Tib, and there really isnt a comparison, I just decided it was time to move on to something that was cheaper to maintain and a little more reliable (the 7M had some serous issues). Fuel economy is nice too, I was getting 14 mpg with the Supra due to bad compression on a cylinder.

Overall I am very happy with my Tib, and I think that I have been converted to a Hyundai follower, even if the reputation/aftermarket is bigger for other brands out there. If you compare what you get out of the car to the price, you can't really beat it

Besides, if the current styling trends continue, the new Tibby's will look like Supras before we know it, and since Toyota hasnt confirmed/denied the new Supra officially, I guess that isnt such a bad thing. Not only that, but a Supra with 8 cylinders is just blasphemous....if they won't give it a Straight Six, they need to leave it in the past
Old 12-20-2006, 11:55 PM

Vehicle: car

just posted my rebuddle. Even if no one looks at it, still a good post IMO..

Sorry for the double post, but i was watching the tv one day and toyo said they were releasing a supra-like car under the lexus name.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:46 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

LOL true,

Number One (and yes I felt the need to spell 'number' and 'one') Myspace is messed up, just look at half the people who use it

2) People who trash tibs study superstreet. Of course none of them realize that the cars in superstreet have about as much money put into them as madjon and viper comined and still run slower.

3) ask them what kinda car they drive, can guarantee you its gonna be a honda. I swear cars tell you what kinda personality someone has.

4) Take it with a grain of salt, because when you race them (at the track of course fing02.gif ) they will be humilated because they got beat by a hyundai. O and you can rub it in their face too

Damn this thread is old, still gotta give my half a cent laugh.gif