The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Why Do I Bother? The Shit I Put Up With Online.

Old 05-19-2006, 10:10 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Wow...back in the days of TSR, I used to get IM's constantly like that. Thankfully though, alot of the people who IMed me are now members on alot of other Hyundai sites and actually know their shit finally. I've gotten a few PM's over at Hyundai Aftermarket from noobies asking questions. Whats funny though, is that alot of noobs over there have GK's. I dont mind helping them with their questions, but I could only imagine the backlash they would have if they asked noob questions at NT. lmao.gif

Oh yeah....and that Hyundai Accessory Store link that Enrique posted....I think thats the spin off site that the other bogus HA site created. Could be wrong though. *lol*
Old 05-19-2006, 10:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

People want to be spoon fed information without doing the research themselves. I never help anyone that doesn't want to help themselves - the only exception I make is for my mother. And bums when I'm drunk.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:29 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Yeah, but see...there's a difference between helping people that you know has been around awhile and knows how to search for things and those who have not. I help the noobie GK people at HA only because I figure if I can help a new GK owner not be like half of the ones at NT, then its worth it. laugh.gif But if someone who has been around for awhile and knows how to search and find things on the different forums, then usually their questions that they ask are pretty unique and may not have been discussed too often. So in that case, it can be fun to help out others when they IM or PM you.

The stuff that Red posted is plain out just laziness on the tib owners part. Plus Redz...I think you're getting soft in your old ways. Back in the day, had someone did that to you, you probably would of went off on them and told them to use the god damn search button, without giving them any answers. lmao.gif
Old 05-19-2006, 12:28 PM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

Enrique? sound like an Illegal Immigrant trying to cover his identity.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:34 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

^^^GAHAGAHAG

or just the name of an illegal immigrant not trying to cover his identity. you ARE crazy.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:41 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

yeah, i got a pm from him as well asking about turbo + maf. told him to check my threads, I'd asked questions about it in the past.

oh well. lol, maybe we need to turn off pm for new users as well. you know kind of a initial intelligence test. once you read enough to post in the newbie forum then you get pm privileges....
Old 05-19-2006, 12:45 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Show me his username and I'll turn off his PM's.

Yeah Visionz, I would have done that in the past, but we need all the tuners we can get these days, and I am a representative of this site and of a business, I gotta be polite.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:06 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Don't be a asshole, i mean on my intake or exhaust manifold.</div>

lmao.gif

You should have told him to put it on his exhaust manifold. laugh.gif
Old 05-19-2006, 01:38 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ yeah... tell them it's supposed to work like an afterburner.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:43 PM

Holy flip floppin retard... Why don't you just tell them that if they have an account use search, if not, get one and then search... You do enough on here as it is responding to posts and dealing with people's crap... you shouldn't need to deal with that. Don't even entertain the idea of helping them... RDtib is here to help people on the forum, it shouldn't overflow into your personal time unless you want it to. Maybe you should make IM names invisible without permission or something?