The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Why Can't The Xbox 360 Just Work!

Old 04-06-2007, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only problem I've got is that I can't play DOA3 anyomore since Moto gp '06 installed some f(^&%& update. So I'm just playing other games...

Besides, I've still got a WII and a athlon64 3200 next to my tv tongue.gif .
Old 04-06-2007, 04:25 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rare Rolla @ Apr 6 2007, 11:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Nope! My PS3 works great and has never given me any problems, and you should see the space I have it in!</div>

Nope? That makes no sense at all. Did I say you had any trouble with yours? NOPE. I said plenty of folks are. I see the space yours is in, guess what, it's not enough.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>(Disclaimer: Please lets not start another what system is better debate. This was only meant as a shot back at REDZ after his comment.)</div>

Correct, there is no debate, it's well known that the 360 is way better, sales prove all.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Patreezy @ Apr 6 2007, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>everyone I know is on there second xbox 360. or in the process of sending their first back. ridiculous.

what kind of an excuse is "they overheat". haha. d'uh, FIX IT before you sell it.

I'm pissed I can't play PGR3. =(</div>

I've got 2 360 premiums, one had to go back in, and that was my fault.

The systems work fine, there's nothing to fix, the only changes so far have been to move to different DVD drives. Everyone is just used to being able to put their system in a tiny slot in their entertainment center. Doesn't work like that anymore, as we are all finding out.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:25 PM

Vehicle: 1997 RD Tiburon

I've had my system set up like this for over a year, never once had an overheating issue. I've played it sometimes 6-8 hours straight with Gears of War or Oblivion, never missed a beat.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:38 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rare Rolla @ Apr 6 2007, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Nope! My PS3 works great and has never given me any problems, and you should see the space I have it in!

</div>

That would be very well ventilated mang. I'm talking about inside a cabinet. Your PS3 is sitting out in fresh air. No vents are blocked from carpet. It's pretty well free flowing air that gets to it.

Frozen: call 1-800-4MY-XBOX It's the repair line. You can also go here, it's a site dedicated to xbox overheating http://xboxoverheating.com/2006/11/28/one-...60-overheating/ . The warranty is good for 1 year from the date of purchase on your systems.

Patreezy: the XBOX 360 had problems for the first 2 months they were out. Everyone who was excited to get one got very disappointed. There were speculations that it was because holes weren't completely cut on the metal housing inside, and others saying that it was because of people putting them in corners. The XBOX 360 V1 had problems because M$ conducted their testing without considering that the average consumer would not have the XBOX360 on top of their desk or TV while using it. I have no idea what was causing the initial overheating issues. They fixed the problem, no problems exist other then operator error.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:31 PM

my ps3 and my 360 both have been working great. no problems at all nana.gif
Old 04-07-2007, 11:56 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DrivingTibNaked @ Apr 6 2007, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>That would be very well ventilated mang. I'm talking about inside a cabinet. Your PS3 is sitting out in fresh air. No vents are blocked from carpet. It's pretty well free flowing air that gets to it.</div>

Ehh, it's not out in fresh air. It's stuck in the corner of a cabinet, all the way against one wall. Are you blind?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Patreezy: the XBOX 360 had problems for the first 2 months they were out. Everyone who was excited to get one got very disappointed. There were speculations that it was because holes weren't completely cut on the metal housing inside, and others saying that it was because of people putting them in corners. The XBOX 360 V1 had problems because M$ conducted their testing without considering that the average consumer would not have the XBOX360 on top of their desk or TV while using it. I have no idea what was causing the initial overheating issues. They fixed the problem, no problems exist other then operator error.</div>

Meh, that's all just internet speculation, there's never been any proof of any "Forgotten holes" and such. More likely is the fact that the QC process at one or 2 of the plants sucked ass for the first month or so, or they were jostled too much in the shipping to get them all over here.

BTW, so everyone knows, MS has changed some warranty stuff recently.

1. If you bought yours under the old warrantly the 90 day one, and it broke and you paid for it (Before the year timeframe was up), you get a full refund check for your repair. Think it's BS? Mine is sitting right here.

2. The current warranty is 1 year on the console.

3. MS now pays for S/H both ways.

4. You will get your same system back 95% of the time now, if the problem can't be fixed quickly, you get a new console.

5. If your warranty expires, and you pay the repair fee, you get a NEW 1 YEAR WARRANTY on it when it returns to you.

6. Any FIRST PARTY GAMES can be replaced if you send in the damaged or broken disk (at least 90% of the disk) and $20.

They are doing everything they can to make folks happy.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:16 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Apr 8 2007, 01:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Ehh, it's not out in fresh air. It's stuck in the corner of a cabinet, all the way against one wall. Are you blind?</div>

I can see where it's at just fine. Do you really think that having a large area on the side is going to make any difference? They say that so that you don't go and stick it under a towel or something. Think of it like this, If you paralell park your car next to a building, really really really close, is it going to effect your cold air intake? No, because there's plenty of air to be drawn in from other directions.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:58 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

My 360 is on top of my desk, standing on end. Trust me, this isn't due to user error. I'm pretty sure that even if you put it in a sealed, insulated cardboard box and turned it on, it would still run for more than 20 seconds before it locked up. Besides, I never had any freezing problems with my 2nd xbox, just disc read errors.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:22 AM

I personally don't know a lot about the xbox or 360, however I do have access to an extremely knowledgeable resource. I copied the original post and sent it to him in an IM, his reply was...some of the first 360 produced were found to have "cold solder points" which cause this freezing. I didn't push for any more detail than that, but certainly can if needed. I'm also more than happy to tap into this resource anytime for any member of this site regarding questions or issues being experienced with a xbox or 360.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:14 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE ("Redzman")</div><div class='quotemain'>6. Any FIRST PARTY GAMES can be replaced if you send in the damaged or broken disk (at least 90% of the disk) and $20.</div>

Whats the limit on this ? I just bought N3 (used from gamestop) and it's in almost perfect condition, cept for like 2 hairline scratches, however it keeps getting disc read errors. I've been playing DVD"s as of late on it, and no problems at all. Goin back to my apt today and ill grab my other games to see if they work.