The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Why Can't The Xbox 360 Just Work!

Old 04-05-2007, 09:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

I bought my 360 in January. I took it out of the box, hooked it up, and after about 10 seconds being on, it froze. No lights, just overheated. Brought it back and exchanged it. I had one that lasted about 2 months, but eventually just couldn't read a disc without getting an error message every 2 minutes. I send it back through warranty, they send me a NEW one instead of repairing the old one (along with a 1 month xbox live subscription card). I turn it on today and it FREEZES after like 30 seconds. Jesus christ, they can't learn how to mount a heatsink or what???

Multi billion dollar corporation doesn't know how to assemble a console? i never had problems with my original xbox (v1.0) which lasted about 5 years, and most of the problems I've heard of had to do with the laser on the dvd-rom drive.

This is rediculous. I'm 3 for 3. It's great when it works, but game quality doesn't matter when I can't play them.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:24 PM

I know how you feel, I'm on my 2nd and from the system freezing constantly/ randomly, I may be going for a third... drillsergeant.gif
Old 04-05-2007, 10:04 PM

Vehicle: 1997 RD Tiburon

Never had a problem with mine, all my mates have never had a drama either. The only game that ever froze was Oblivion, which was due to software bugs.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:06 PM
Nex

havent had probs yet... sry dude you just got bad luck
Old 04-06-2007, 12:22 AM

oblivion locked up for me a few times, and its lagged on other games, but never full out froze. Course ive been playing with the ps3 for the last few months so id have to ask my G/F if shes had any problems with the box
Old 04-06-2007, 03:17 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

site selection is a big part of any electronic item. You should never place electronics with a fan on a carpet, or in a non-ventilated cabinet. With that being said, the XBOX 360 had problems when they first came out. The overheating issue was solved in revision 2. I'd say you got unlucky enough to get 2 of the overheaters
Old 04-06-2007, 10:23 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Honestly, my first one went up in smoke, but it's my own fault. I've got 2 now, have had them for quite some time, and DTN is right, it's probably your own fault they are going tits up. Show us pics of your system and where it's at, while you are playing.

If you don't have about 8 to 12 inches on all sides of it, completely clear, you'll overheat. If you have it sitting flat instead of standing up, you've got greater chances of overheating. If there is no LARGE opening in the back of the entertainment center where it's sitting, you'll overheat.

These aren't old cartridge based NES's, they are supercomputers.

BTW, I just got my refund from MS for my repair fee on my first one.

I'll post pics soon of how mine are setup, and I'm telling you, they are nice and cool, no issues at all anymore. I made new places for them after the first one burnt up, and they have plenty of room now.

ALSO, don't use NON APPROVED extras with your system. If you are using the Intercooler fan on the back, it's WELL known to burn up your 360. The only fans you can use that won't burn your stuff up are the ones that plug into your USB ports.

The POS3, on the other hand, is having the exact same issues. These new systems create a LOT of heat.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:55 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Apr 6 2007, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The POS3, on the other hand, is having the exact same issues. These new systems create a LOT of heat.</div>

Nope! My PS3 works great and has never given me any problems, and you should see the space I have it in!

Sucks about your Crap Box though! But at least Microsoft is taking care of your guys it seems. I would hate to think of having to deal with Sony buttkick.gif

(Disclaimer: Please lets not start another what system is better debate. This was only meant as a shot back at REDZ after his comment.)
Old 04-06-2007, 12:03 PM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

^^Haha, mine is working fine too, sucked at first, but no problems recently
Old 04-06-2007, 01:01 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

everyone I know is on there second xbox 360. or in the process of sending their first back. ridiculous.

what kind of an excuse is "they overheat". haha. d'uh, FIX IT before you sell it.

I'm pissed I can't play PGR3. =(