The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

What A Great Great Day

Old 08-05-2007, 12:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999/Tiburon/RD1

Well the day started very early, 5 am the alarm got me out of bed for the last meeting I visited this year.
Some of you know I will be moving to Sweden next week for about 6 months, to 'study'.

So the early wake up didn't mind me that much.
Freshly waxed I was ready to roll.
Soon I discovered I couldn't reach anybody on my cellphone. Great.. You have gathering place to ride together for the last part to the show!

In the mean time during the show I knew a very nice female friend was coming hoem for her holiday's. I wanted to call or text her!
Well ofcourse I couldn't! Phoned my provider when I could and yes they were having some minor difficulties with their networks, yeah great timing.

Now the worst part!
At the show at about 3pm there where some girls and a photographer who wanted to do a little shoot aat my car.
As long as they don't sit or lay on my car I'm fine so I said yes.
So they started to stand at the back, 3 girls... Touching the Sharkwing. A little to much force (although not very much) I saw it creating a cap! I screamed and run to save my spoiler.

From the moment I got my baby back there was a little gap on the left side of the spoiler. A little play but wasn't dramatic...
Atleast I thought! Now with both sides haning lose only making contact on the middle leg.
The dan body shop screw up mounting the spoiler by only using one screw! and not enough 'kit' (uhm sticky stuff the secure down spoilers etc..?)
So I had to decide to get it of before making anymore damage..
I drove home with 3 ducttape'd holes and the stickie stuff.

Next week I will be going away! I don't know If I will let him do it now?
After these 6 months I agreed with him to take my car make to make up the little paintjob mistakes.
I'm not gonna drive very much now this week. My rear right brake is constantly braking, eating the pad like crazy...)
I'm going to give him a very very angry call tomorrow! I could've lost my precious sharkwing down the freeway!

Sorry If my grammer or spelling is not very good. I'm just pissed right now for the great day!
Old 08-05-2007, 01:42 PM

Vehicle: 05 Subaru WRX

Sounds crappy. Atleast you didn't lose the wing though.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:24 PM

that sucks domi that they demolished it but blame the body shop smile.gif and tell them to fix it really good and when you get back its like new tongue.gif and we go start cruising some meets again smile.gif
Old 08-05-2007, 04:11 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>So the early wake up didn't mind me that much.
Freshly waxed I was ready to roll.</div>

Do you always wax before you go out? nana.gif

Sucks about the spoiler kid!
Old 08-05-2007, 08:24 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

damn bro blame the body shop, get free stuff and be happy. lol sorry to hear bout the craptastic day tho
Old 08-06-2007, 06:03 AM

Vehicle: 1999/Tiburon/RD1

Just got of the phone with the bodyshop. He was fairly surprised!
This week I will meet him to check out the damage and discuss what will happen next...

No I waxed the day before man! I'm not crazy doing shit like that at 5am!?
It was a 2.5 hour drive.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:01 AM

Vehicle: car

By 'wax' he was referring to something different if you catch my drift, lol. Sorry to hear about the day man. Should had those girls 'wax' your stuff for you for hurting your precious wing. cool.gif
Old 08-07-2007, 06:13 PM

the rear brake is probably corroded guide pins.. a common problem with our cars