The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Trying to kick start the cotm

Old 06-21-2010, 09:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 98 Tibby

I stopped going to RDT and HP a long time ago too. Neither of those forums get anywhere remotely close to the amount of people that post here. This forum is very warm and welcoming and your questions get answered very quickly. Theres alot off knowledgable people that will help you with what ever your issue is with your car and the off topic sections are the best and most fun out of any other forum I have been on.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:47 AM

Vehicle: 99 Red Tib

i agree with what everyone else has said.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:54 AM

Vehicle: 98 Tiburon

Why would I go to RDT when I get the same info here plus much more. And its very active and busy on this site. I signed on the other day too and was the only person in the online list over there. I sat there looking at the computer screen just shaking my head. Once my car gets completed I'll be entering the featured ride competitions for sure here. I like how its a 3 month honor which makes it stand out and more unique than regular cotm competitions. It makes me feel like I have a real sense of accomplishment to have the honor of top car for 3 whole months.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:57 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Tib

I thought RDT was gonna shut down and all the posts and stuff were gonna get merged into this forum? What happened to that idea? I think its something that should be done since that forum is very dull and boring. At least by having it merged with HA, the only 5-10 members that actually do post over there will have more enjoyment by being on this forum. laugh.gif
Old 06-21-2010, 11:08 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

iough.gif
Old 06-21-2010, 12:01 PM

Vehicle: 2K Tib

RDT has been old news for awhile. I think anyone who owns a Tib either goes to NT (if they have a GK) or they come here. I know 3 other local tib owners in my city and they all have said the same thing that they only come here to get what they need. They're registered so I'll tell them to make some posts.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:22 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tib/03 Silverado

Ive always been more of a lurker than a regular contributing member on this forum, but I stopped going to RDT about a year ago because I could see it going down hill more and more. I was afraid that if I needed help with something that it would of taken awhile for a response due to the lack of members posting. Its the same exact reason why I dont post on HP. That site is very dead and it seemed to me that RDT was or is going down the same path as them.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:29 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tib

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bullseye17 @ Jun 21 2010, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I thought RDT was gonna shut down and all the posts and stuff were gonna get merged into this forum? What happened to that idea? I think its something that should be done since that forum is very dull and boring. At least by having it merged with HA, the only 5-10 members that actually do post over there will have more enjoyment by being on this forum. laugh.gif</div>

So did I. At this point I think that would be the best thing for that website. I think alot of members there dont or wont post anything because they are seeing how dead the forum is. If they merge with this site, there will be alot more posting and it will probably get more and more tib owners asking questions and stuff. This forum does have ALOT of tib owners as it is, and it seems like the reason thats the case is because of what everyone has said already. No one wants to post or be a member of a forum where theres never anyone online. dunno.gif
Old 06-21-2010, 06:24 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

It's not a car forum. It's an old crickety stage with splintered floor boards where you walk under the light, get used rotten squash thrown at you, followed by a sparse eerie laughters coming from the pale, smoke-absorbed darkness of a once shiny, thriving auditorium.

I think you have got your answer! You people are on-point! Especially when it comes promoting uniqueness, and appreciating old members who have kept the original spirit alive non-stop. I'll go as far as vote but that's it.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:32 PM

Vehicle: 2012 mitsubishi eclipse spyder gs, 2001 hyundai tiburon

Wow, that kinda hurts a little, here you have numerous people who post, more or less, "F*** that site, it sucks!" and leave, instead of making an attempt at trying to improve it. Sure there's always the same type of body kits, there's not much of a variance to chose from anymore. Not only that but it is open to ANY hyundai, not just RD's.

I'm sorry if some of the older more knowledgeable members got the shaft or dicked around a little(or a lot, I don't know I'm just a noob in this community, I don't know the stories.) but honestly, if "let it die already" is the attitude that most of you have, I don't know what to say.

I tried, got shot down, at THIS forum, whatever. Not like I'm gonna leave...There ARE a lot of great, helpful people here, I just wanted that site to return to something more then a "For Sale" forum.

There are a few people that responded to my call, and to them I extend gratitude...

To the rest, well, whatever. I'm not gonna hunt you down, curse you out, or anything, just disappointed in the lack of interest in a non-mod instigated COTM.