The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

The truth about the ricey GK's

Old 11-01-2006, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Well i had my car in good running condition at 5 pounds and a nice fresh stage 3 clutch to burn and i thought about going to the track, but i was only a 3 bar map sensor away from installing my dual rail and raising the boost so i figured id wait so i would post with some really impressive numbers.

BUT I figured id spend the 20 bucks and do a run if the only track wasnt ONLY open on sundays which i work all day. I would have called in but there trying to fire me as is (on my last strike), and i dont have any sick time so i would miss out on 60 bucks i needed even if i didnt get in trouble

I finally got my dual rail in and SMT-6 tuned perfectly, car pulling like a Mo-Fo and then 2 days later my turbo blew. So now im waiting on the cash to get a new one.

Lets say i had another turbo, its november, and i dont live in TX so my chances of finding a sunday with no snow or rain is slim, not to mention theres that shitty work thing.

When i do get my turbo purchased and installed, itll most likely be snow on the ground and the track will have long since been closed.

Hello spring...
Old 11-02-2006, 12:04 AM

The other point you seem to miss. Someone compiled that list. It isn't a thread that people are posting in. So someone (or someones) actively trolls their forums harvesting timeslips and dynos (something I wish someone would do across the various Hyundai boards for quite some time).
Telling the forum "you guys make me sick" isn't going to motivate anyone.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:10 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Random @ Nov 1 2006, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The other point you seem to miss. Someone compiled that list. It isn't a thread that people are posting in. So someone (or someones) actively trolls their forums harvesting timeslips and dynos (something I wish someone would do across the various Hyundai boards for quite some time).</div>
That list came off of ONE thread that people posted there slips in. He didn't have to go hunt them down. I know because I have been keeping up with it since the beggining. I even posted in it.
http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66024
It even has 5 pages worth of people that have gone to the track.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Telling the forum "you guys make me sick" isn't going to motivate anyone.</div>
Alright, I stopped reading your post right there. You are misconstruing every word I say and arranging them to make me look like I'm hating my own fellow members. You need to go back and learn what a quote is, and not ever make a dangerous quote like that again if <u>I didn't say it</u>.

This was <u>never</u> meant to get serious and you're making it so. I don't want to be a part of a dramatic conversation on this board that is obviously going downhill do to personal feelings and outbursts, so I'll leave this thread to you.
Since several others aren't taking it so personally and dramatically, I'll leave it open for them to discuss. Have a nice day.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:58 AM

Let's see. I directly quote your exact words...yet I've got you all wrong. it seems YOU don't understand the concept of a direct quote.

To help your case, you censor 95% of my post.

Attitudes and censorship. Now I remember why I left. nana.gif
Old 11-02-2006, 08:07 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

No need to argue about it lol, your both passionate about cars, just with different priorites. While Jon's wording may not have been the best his heart was in the right place.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:26 AM

Well I don't know about all the argument and I really am not going to get involved in it. The only thing I like about this topic is the fact that I keep seeing people talk bad about GK's and then suddenly I see something nice about them---they are fast, not the slow, heavy hog that people keep saying they are. Sure they are heavier than the RD, but any car can be made to be fast (even a Ford Pinto, just drop a big block V-8 into it, trust me).

Sweet, thanks for the info.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:41 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Shark2006 @ Nov 2 2006, 10:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>they are fast, not the slow, heavy hog that people keep saying they are.</div>

You are in denial son!
Old 11-02-2006, 09:59 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

dont make me pull the van over children...

i do believe jon meant this as motivation and not a knock on our members. just should have been worded more properly.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:05 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Hyundai Sonata

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mb1604 @ Nov 1 2006, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>but for alot of people tracks arent close. like where i live. the nearest track is 2 hours away. at the least!
i would have taken the tib but it was just so far away.</div>

+1, closest track for me is 3hr drive. plust last time i went it cost me about 40 bucks? i'd have to plan a whole-day trip if i wanted to go to the track.

if i can find the timeslip when i went to the track with my stock tibby, i'll post it up
Old 11-02-2006, 10:17 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Random @ Nov 2 2006, 08:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Let's see. I directly quote your exact words...yet I've got you all wrong. it seems YOU don't understand the concept of a direct quote.

To help your case, you censor 95% of my post.

Attitudes and censorship. Now I remember why I left. nana.gif</div>
Something went wrong when I tried to quote you. Instead it went to the edit function, yet showed on my screen that it was quoting you. Nothing was intentionally deleted by me, but I tried to salvage what I could. Hopefully Sparticus can get it back. IDK, but it's being discussed.

Again, you added more words in YOUR quote than I actually said. And it got a little more heated than I wanted it to, so I'm leaving this to others to discuss.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tibby01 @ Nov 2 2006, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>i do believe jon meant this as motivation and not a knock on our members. just should have been worded more properly.</div>
Yes it was, and apparently it should have.