The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Time For A Change...

Old 10-12-2006, 09:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

^ incredibly well said Mad-Machine. that's exactly true. GK owners are people who just buy the next best thing. They aren't the most true hearted hyundai owners but instead look for what a prelude or celica would give them.

the only reason people would be giving you a hard time about your Hyundai Tiburon would be the people who think they have better cars. When they say better cars do they mean Civics? Or Eclipses? ...maybe Accords, or Truck owners? I don't see G35, M3 or muscle car people bagging on my car, instead they always compliment my car and wish me luck. They don't have time to bas my car, instead they're having fun rear wheeling german style. Infact, I had a 66' Nova tell me to keep up the good work!

the sad truth is while hyundai dealerships may suck sometimes, and you might get a bunch of mulch for owning a tiburon, the company and model give you a really enticing run for your money (in my case shitty resale value=good for me). tiburons never ever get tiring to watch on the highway. they both have those exotic bodies that no other cheap car can give you. i saw a black GK this morning and thought, "damn what a hot sexy little thing that is" and while most GK owners or baggers might not be the best crowd around the car itself is still a stunner that might be compared to Porsches.

you didn't lose a thing owning that car. the srt-4 is a good used run for the money too with above fair quality, but the look definitely does not the same effect as a tiburon, lancer EVO 8, or STi Impreza might give you on the freeway. while turbocharged, your cruise might be more fruitful in a BMW.

we'll see you when the 2009/10 tiburon makes its way through. you'll then be realizing the kinds of people the tiburon really appeals to. I hope then you realize respect is only determined by the existance of negativity and nieveness; the people who create them are b*tches who can't afford real cars.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:17 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Oct 10 2006, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Sorry to see you go my man, it was great to meet you, it always is when folks are enthusiastic.

Think how I feel, after 5 years now.</div>

I dont think its your car that get you disrespect.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:04 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SEAN @ Oct 12 2006, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I had over 10 K in my car with different mods and felt like it was respectable...most peeps that saw it liked it...clean and nice is all I ever wanted to hear and I achieved that, especially having put so much time and energy into my Tib over the last 3 years...I can honestlly say as a whole that the Tibs never get the respect they deserve...just like the old RD's and hell even the SRT4's for that matter...my two friends have over 10K in engine mods in their GK's and neither gets any respect at the shows for the most part even with built cars...I wanted an SRT4 after riding in my friend's...the test drive sealled the deal for me...I will always be a fan of the Tib's no matter what I drive now...nothing was ever handed to me...I worked hard to get what little acknowledgment I received on the different forums and at the car shows...</div>
You entered a car show with mostly engine mods and expected to win. Huh? ugh.gif If you're into engine modding, then I'm wondering why the hell you care what others think of how it looks in a stupid show?
Shows are gay....period. I know everyone is gonna flame me for saying that. But that's how I feel. It's filled with ricey credit card tuning idiots that couldn't install a catchcan mutch less the 3 bottles of nitrous they have in the hatch.

Where did the 10k go? I don't know of any 10 second GK's yet. And I'm pretty sure you're not one of the 12 second ones either. If thats an updated pic of your GK, then I'm not seeing it on the outside either. And that's where it counts in shows. I probably spent 2.5k just on my turbo kit to get me into the 12's. That would leave me with another 7.5k for a REAL Veilside kit or some other worthless body kit/wing/blingy rims..........*gag*

I personally think you made wrong decisions on where you put your money for mods. If you were into shows, then you should have gotten at least a body kit with that much cash. I'm willing to bet anything that just having a nicely painted Min Garage kit would have gotten you a trophy. As sad as that is.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:56 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

It's too bad you made the switch. I agree with folks about owning some that I like and is unique as opposed to what's the most popular ect... You get more respect from making something out of nothing.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:06 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

LOL @ MadMachine

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE ("MadMachine")</div><div class='quotemain'>And I have some that people have hated. (excel, superbeetles, <u>porsche 914</u>)</div>

Those peope need to be slapped, they're GREAT track cars!

and I just took a ride in a new member's heavily modded SRT-4 (here in our racing club). I gotta say, that man owes me a new pair of shorts everytime I ride shotty, it's one hellofa car and I won't take any shitalkers comments until they go for a ride in one! wink1.gif
Old 10-13-2006, 01:30 PM

great track cars yes.. but they are not the prettiest porsche's ever built... and like the tib, most people judge a car first by it's looks, then by it's other attributes. I admit I am guilty of that too, When I first saw the RD1 in 1997, I HAD to have one, and I did, bought a brand new one in 1999 after my excel finally died.

The same goes for my Bimmer. When I first saw the hatchback 3er in 95.. I was smitten by it's truncated, yet purposeful looks. I just could not afford a $25 to $30,000 car when I was 25.

And the above is correct, engine mods do nothing at a show unless you have a lot of polished shit under the hood... or it is VERY obvious that the car makes 1000 hp.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:32 PM

i will get a new tiburon soon and that's a shame that it's gone for a neon (j/k) alot of people around here (alton) always gawk at my car and there isn't much done too it at all, and the only folks that think i should get rid of it all have hondas. Muscle car girls and guys love it for some strange reason, I got the tiburon to be different and not own the same cars i see everyday just my 2 cents. myles
Old 10-13-2006, 02:12 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

good luck withthe srt-4 hopefully you find satisfaction with it
Old 10-13-2006, 04:39 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pile_of_rd1 @ Oct 13 2006, 09:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I dont think its your car that get you disrespect.</div>

Oh? WTF are you talking about?

My car gets plenty of respect, it's the overall "Nice Hyundai" and move on effect that is the problem. We always have folks stopping by at shows talking about how nice they look and the "Wow, I didn't know you could build a Tib" comments are always nice, but then those same guys go home in their RD, and buy an Acura or something else to work on.

Hyundai has moved up, for sure, but it'll be awhile before the tuning market is "GOOD" for us.