The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Time For A Change...

Old 10-11-2006, 01:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tib

Sad to see you go, always liked your car.

Did you inform the buyer about the site?
Old 10-11-2006, 07:57 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SEAN @ Oct 10 2006, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>after alot of thought on the show scene this last year and horrible judging as well as alot of disrespect for the Tibs in general I have decided to move on..</div>

So you let a show determine whether or not you kept you car?!? mad.gif Who cares if they get disrespected! SHut 'em up by building a worthy car! So you want to get a car that a lot more people have? No matter what car you get you will always get hated on by someone.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SEAN @ Oct 10 2006, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>turbo is nice...</div>
So why didn you boost your tiburon
Old 10-11-2006, 08:32 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

ive always liked the srt4s and for what you can buy them for now i dont think anything really compares stock as far as power goes. take care sean, stop by and update us when you mod it, if you mod it
Old 10-11-2006, 09:14 AM

I have never bought a car because of what people thought of It.

I have some cars that people love (my old 911, Mini, and bug(frog)eyed sprite)

And I have some that people have hated. (excel, superbeetles, porsche 914)

Even my BMW is considered the least popular and least loved bmw created. People do not give the hatchback any love... but that is why I bought it. It was lighter, smaller, and had the utility of the hatchback.

See, I buy cars I WANT.. not what other people like or want. Personally, I have talked to SRT4 owners and their friends. They LOVE the power of those cars. They handle pretty well too. But in the end, even they acknowleged that they were still driving a neon and those cars just fall apart over time.

I wish you luck with it.. but I would not have sold the tib because it does not the kind of "respect" you want.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:08 PM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

That's funny.... Ex Hyundai owners are either SRT 4 or 350z owners hahahah Oh yeah, i forgot two of them who switched to bimmers.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:56 PM

well to be honest, my wrecking my tib came that the perfect time. I was about to do something silly with it that I probably would never have gotten finished. See, I was tired of the dynamics of front wheel drive. No, I was not going to go with an evo drivetrain, I was going to go midengined with my tib. Sort of like the new Porsche Cayman.

I will probably get another one next year.. but if I do, I am going racing with it. Stripping her down till she is barely street legal, beefing up the suspension, and going to the one racing event the Tib did well in.. Rallying.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:49 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JonGTR @ Oct 11 2006, 12:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Did you expect the "respect" to be handed to you? You've got to earn it by "building a respectful car".
That's as far as I'm gonna go with this.</div>

I had over 10 K in my car with different mods and felt like it was respectable...most peeps that saw it liked it...clean and nice is all I ever wanted to hear and I achieved that, especially having put so much time and energy into my Tib over the last 3 years...I can honestlly say as a whole that the Tibs never get the respect they deserve...just like the old RD's and hell even the SRT4's for that matter...my two friends have over 10K in engine mods in their GK's and neither gets any respect at the shows for the most part even with built cars...I wanted an SRT4 after riding in my friend's...the test drive sealled the deal for me...I will always be a fan of the Tib's no matter what I drive now...nothing was ever handed to me...I worked hard to get what little acknowledgment I received on the different forums and at the car shows...
Old 10-12-2006, 08:14 PM

Vehicle: 1997/ Hyundai/ Tiburon

thats too bad.

its interesting that alot of former Gk owners now own srt-4's.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:21 PM

I am in no way putting Sean down.. but I have noticed that because the Gk was Hyundai's first "popular" car with the tuning crowd. It attracted the same sort of people that might look for a used Honda, but instead wanted something new. In other words, it did not attract dyed in the wool Hyundai owners, but people looking for the next "new" thing.

After the Gk's newness wore off, they sold and moved onto the next "new" thing.. which happens to be the SRT4 or perhaps the 350z (if they can afford it).

What this means for the rest of the world.. lots of cheap GKs for sale... some of them with nice mods, and quite a few with half painted bodykits and ricy additions.

Just do not be a stranger Sean. There is room here at this table for everybody, even if you do not own a hyundai
Old 10-12-2006, 09:02 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Well I thought your car was very nice, and I think you did a nice job to it. Good luck with the SRT