The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

terrorists have won

Old 12-30-2009, 06:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tib - REVISION A
Default terrorists have won

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34601479/ns/travel-tips/

Eeen more restrictions when traveling by air. mad.gif f*ck it. i'm driving more and taking the train when possible.

until this country grows some balls and starts keeping a tighter lease on non-citizens visiting, this sh*t will continue to happen.

and what is with this mickey mouse sh*t of treating this terrorist like a criminal. f*ck asking a judge for a warrant for a DNA test. TAKE IT. he isn't an american. f*ck the civilian courts. throw his ass in a military prison and give him a military trial.

sorry...just pissed that now our lives are made even more hell at the airports because of certain policies put in place due to certain non americans f*cking sh*t up. sorry if i offended anyone.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:07 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Easy there killer. The rules are in place to keep everyone safe. Yeah, it might be a pain in the ass as far as what you can and cant take on a plane, or that you have to show up to the airport a little earlier....but if these things werent in place...we'd all be screwed. Terrorists havent won because people are not living fear. If they were, NO ONE would be flying. But people still do it every day.

Its just a form of evolution in a sense. We have to evolve to make things safer, and if it means I cant bring a certain substance on a plane or need to show up sooner for security checks, then so be it. I'd rather things be that way, then not and really take the chance of being blown up somewhere. *lol*
Old 12-30-2009, 08:43 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Accent

Wow man I think you read into that article to much. Like visions said it's for our safety.

As a person that works everyday with customers all day. I dread dealing with customers like you. People who refuse to see anything else but the negative and are to stubborn to see any other way but their own.

Old 12-30-2009, 11:19 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I agree, the terrorists have won.

Look at the added cost and time wasted since the insanity started? Easily many billions of dollars of lost productivity. And there's no reason for it. The security measures don't help, they're just inconvenient for everyone. It would be so simple to circumvent these measures that it's not even funny.

Unless they're figuring it'll make it such a pain in the ass to fly that terrorists won't bother because they won't be able to stand the delays.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:23 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

People want to be safe and travel safe but they b*tch about being searched or waiting an hour before boarding or whatever.

I don't care, strip search all of us if that's what's needed to keep us safe... of course I f*cking hate when they are idiotic about it and waste time with stupid policies.. like the ones in that article ("let's not search people better cause apparently bombs can get through, let's just take their blankets").. or another example - for a while if you were flying into the US you would be questioned by some people who would ask idiotic questions like "who packed your bags?".. wtf do they expect? "yeah oh my god, I have this terrorist friend, who also happened to be there when I packed my bags, but I guess I didn't put 1 and 1 together until now.. better search my bags again".. It would be faster and a lot more efficient to manually search all bags again douchebags

Don't b*tch about non-citizens flying in (you're all descended from "non-citizens"), b*tch about idiots with sh*t for brains coming up with these great ideas, and about morons who don't want x-ray scans because they're ashamed someone will see they have tiny dicks
Old 12-30-2009, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (radu_rd2 @ Dec 30 2009, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Don't b*tch about non-citizens flying in (you're all descended from "non-citizens"), b*tch about idiots with sh*t for brains coming up with these great ideas, and about morons who don't want x-ray scans because they're ashamed someone will see they have tiny dicks</div>

1/4 of me is offended by that statement, the other 3/4 is in agreement.

Backscatter Xrays + More Air Marshals + Events like this where citizens attack and neutralize the threat = for the win.

Even if they dont do it they should put out everything flight is equipped with bomb sniffing equipment in the planes a/c system and every flight will have two air marshals on it... maybe even throw out they are requiring everyone with an FAA license to have Kung Fu and Ju jutsu training.

Instead our media makes us out to look like a bunch of punks that want to steal blankets and iPods....
Old 12-30-2009, 08:51 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

The terrorists won the moment The Patriot Act was signed into law.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:28 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

sorry for the short reply--I'm on my iPhone.

Agree with187sks totally. And the small d@#k comment. I hears it would cost 3trillion to implement those. I don't think terrorists have won, but that we have lost ages ago. Being negative is bad, but its just realizing negative impacts instead of ignoring them.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:50 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe @ Dec 31 2009, 05:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>sorry for the short reply--I'm on my iPhone.

Agree with187sks totally. And the small d@#k comment. I hears it would cost 3trillion to implement those. I don't think terrorists have won, but that we have lost ages ago. Being negative is bad, but its just realizing negative impacts instead of ignoring them.</div>

They are 40,000 for the more expensive units, then training someone to use it, then paying that trained person to watch it. Expensive yes, 3 trillion... eh I cant see that. Depending on the timeframe your looking at anyway..
Old 12-31-2009, 02:13 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (i8acobra @ Dec 30 2009, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The terrorists won the moment The Patriot Act was signed into law.</div>
1.gif

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Benjamin Franklin)</div><div class='quotemain'>They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.</div>