The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Stuff that bothers you

Old 04-10-2011, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0
Default Stuff that bothers you

Car related: "Stage" crap. Its worse than trying to compare tread-life ratings in between tire companies. Hell I know at least one clutch that the stage upgrade has to do with a canOspray paint. Is it really worth getting irritated about.. nope. but it bugs me. Maybe that is why I like ACT. When I got mine it was... here are our clutches. The name tells you a little about what its made of, then gives a torque capacity rating. Instead of "This shits stage 2 yo".

Non Car related: People not closing their mouths when they eat, especially something crunchy. That sends me into a rage for some reason... really no idea why. I just want to slap them and tell them to shut their freaking mouths. Again, something worth getting upset over, nope.

What are your pet-peeves that really shouldn't be that bad, car and non car related.
Old 04-10-2011, 12:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 02 Hyundai Accent

Jackasses on the freeway using there brakes for no freakin reason causing a chain reaction of other like minded jackasses to hit there brakes. The bastard in the fast lane doing the speed limit that refuses to move over and when I go to pass them they speed up trying to keep me from getting in front of them.
Old 04-10-2011, 02:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2001 Tib1

Florida's "OLD PEOPLE " season which brings the brake tapping 10mph under the speed limit MOFO driving down the middle road, no turn signals maybe even turns right with a left blinker, or speeds up when you pass and almost causes a accident, OH lets not forget the slow reaction time at the green light cuz they got there glasses off and the cell phone like a 2inchs from there face, talking/texting to there great grand kids about how the its to Hot in Florida......

case and point ::: happened to me yesterday the speed limit was 60mph got behined fat old bustard doing 45-50mph. I see a opening go to pass, realize that he has he sped up, so I go down to third WOT by the time I passed this .. .. .. Person .. .. .. was doing just under 100mph probably 98 .. I cleared on coming traffic no problem but the Dumb Tard that was behind me also passed the same time I did and almost hit a car head on.

and they pay less for insurance

60yr+ driving scary.. 60yr+ on the phone driving .. I believe there's a south park episode that describes exactly what it's like in Fl during winter
Old 04-10-2011, 05:25 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

People driving their vehicle with their dog on their lap!! I wanna see one of these dumb-asses get into an accident and have a dog go SPLAT in their face when the airbag goes off!!!!

arrrggggghhh! Drives me nuts!
Old 04-10-2011, 05:42 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Tailgating, or tailgating and then trying to pass in front of me into a red light really bothers me. It ruins the whole damn day.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:54 PM

Vehicle: 2012 mitsubishi eclipse spyder gs, 2001 hyundai tiburon

People who take 3 blocks to get to the speed limit; clothing/energy drink sticker on back window. Especially the Metal Mulisha

nazi symbol, that most of the jerk-offs around here (that can't use a turn signal to save their lives...wait that's everyone around here!)put on their jacked up black smoke spewing diesel pickups that never see a dirt road, let alone mud or rocks to climb like what their rims and rubber were designed to do.

What bothers me non-automotive? The newest generation of workers. Oversensitive, weak, and unfocused/undriven. Yeah I know the job sucks, been doing it for 8 years, don't need to be reminded daily, thanks twit. How about instead of whining, bend that rebar.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:32 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

The newest generation of workers. Oversensitive, weak, and unfocused/undriven.

It's the opposite here! They are too motivated and simple jobs are turned into crazy mazes of worthless stressful useless bullshet paper/computerwork that really leads and amounts to absolutely nothing. If you miss or skip one thing, that's your ass hanging on a thread even though the thing is still useless so it's not like you're some perpetrator but still get treated as one.

Another thing I dislike is when girls want babies because they see other babies, then rush into getting a suitable boyfriend with money to fund the baby-having. Then they show their damn babies off.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:27 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Tuscon

Definitely people driving under the speed limit. One of the roads i take to work is a 40mph and i f*cking swear sometimes i think my speedo's broken when i'm behind these f*ckers! They're doing like 25-30, I'll pass one guy (yes, on the double yellow ) the next f*cking guy's doing the same thing!!!

Non car related is probably 25% +/- the stuff my wife does. That one was easy
Old 04-11-2011, 01:11 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I hate it when people take about as much interest in a car as they do their toaster. I mean when you, your family, and others are going to be driving or riding in it and you don't care if it's safe or working properly? Not to mention others that you are driving with on the road. Also they have no appreciation for a vehicle that cost them 5 years of payments and use and abuse it like its a disposable diaper. Not saying everyone should be a car nut or a mechanic but if you don't know enough to put washer fluid in your car or don't bother knowing it takes more to run than turning the key then you dont deserve one.

Non car related. I'd say people who don't use common sense and can't accept facts. Certain things work a certain way just use your brain a little and figure it out. I've seen people get completely confused over the smallest thing that I can't believe they as an adult cannot comprehend. Also I get real tired of people asking me a question and when I give an answer they aren't satisfied that it's the right answer. If I didn't know what the answer was I would say I don't know.

Unfortunately I have to see and deal with these things on a daily basis.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:54 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

People who drive with a dog on their lap! It makes me SO MAD! These people DO NOT think.