The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Am I the only one about to get off this site because people are always bashing new guys?

Old 07-18-2011, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2003 Tiburon
Default Am I the only one about to get off this site because people are always bashing new guys?

tired of ADULTS bashing me when im 17 and have a car thats worth 4 times what theirs it worth.. AND no my parents did not pay for it I did.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:02 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Yup.

4x? Sheesh! Did you gold plate it or something? Would love to see some pics. (even if it's not gold plated)

On a serious note though, congrats on buying your own car! If I can ask, did you pay cash, or go the payments route?
Old 07-18-2011, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

glad you bought your own car.. if a 2003 tiburon was worth 4x anything these days, the other vehicle would be pretty much worthless. LOL

HA doesn't bash new guys.. we bash ricers and ignorant people with dumb kill stories..

wow.. LOL...

And yes, sell your xbox so you can support your kids !

keep laughing at people when your car is worth like 1000$ .. loser

quotes from OP tool on my profile..

you can leave HA, you wont be missed..

FYI, bragging about how much you spent on your car (by the way which blue books around 6500$) and how someone else's may be worth less just shows your maturity, or lack there of..
Old 07-18-2011, 01:22 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

HA is pretty much the nicest and easiest going forum out there when it comes to Hyundai's. If you think we're bad...you're absolutely going to despise any of the other sites out there. They will rip you apart and leave you crying for your momma. We do everything in our power to help people, no matter what their skill level is with cars. We provide links, step by step tutorials, and give the best knowledge that we know. Alot of members on this site have been in the Hyundai tuning scene 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10+ years and know the cars inside and out with a blind fold on.

If it seems like we're coming down hard on a new person, its because they refuse to listen to reason. We dont just spew bullshit to other members here...we speak the truth because alot of people here have gone down the same road that new people are starting out on. We dont want new people to have to go through the hardships that some of the senior members have gone through.

If you think people here trying to explain why your reasoning or methodology is wrong or mean or us being a**holes, then you have alot of growing up to do and need to learn to take constructive criticism in a better way. If you cant handle people who are considered expert level, giving you advice then how are you going to deal with people else where that give you WRONG info and you end up destroying your car?
Old 07-18-2011, 01:28 PM

Yes I paid cash.. paid 4500 but with alot of repairs to do .. ( tranny, clutch, alternator, brakes , link kits , ball joints etc etc etc.. anyway .. after paying 4500 I put 3000 to repair and 2500 to mod it to my taste lol:p

And turbosocks, Im 17 and have an 03 tib, You have a 2001 tib ? so just stop talking lol...
Old 07-18-2011, 01:30 PM

And yes , All paid cash working in a grocery store and going to college.. !
Old 07-18-2011, 01:33 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

lol socks doesnt even own a tib anymore dumb ass, hell i own a 00 elantra that probably has more money in the engine than you have in your entire car

and even when socks had a tib, his car was 10x better than yours

back down retard

oh and btw, being that your 17, did you get your mommys permission to take it to the track? cuz im pretty sure your lying about your times too
Old 07-18-2011, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

People are not bashing YOU. We don't know YOU. People ARE bashing WHAT YOU POST. That's all we have to judge on.

If you want to be respected, post accordingly. Contribute to the forum. Document your car, what you've done to it, how you installed parts, why you chose those parts..etc..etc..

If you want to be flamed. Post about your 7900 HP car that only has basic bolt-ons and how you TIED a Mack Truck (but it had 5 tons of manure in the back) in a street race to 100+mph through a school zone.

This forum is very beginner friendly. We are not friendly to wild claims, stupid street races and attitude from ANYONE.

Your age isn't the issue. YOU aren't the issue. What you've been posting IS the issue.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:38 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

actually noob, i dont have a tib at all.. and when i did have my tib it was still worth more than yours.. but thats besides the point..

o yes, the classic.. (add 3000$ in repairs) to what your car is worth.. lulz

if you had 2500$ in mods (not ricer mods) you wouldn't be worrying about trying to beat a 11 year old v6 mustang..
Old 07-18-2011, 01:38 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

03Tibby, I understand that you're young, so I will genuinely try to help you out.

The reason people are being hard on you is because of the things you're saying. We don't expect everyone to be knowledgeable, but if someone claims to be knowledgeable but then proceeds to prove that they still have a lot to learn it tends to get ugly. Nobody blames you for being young and not knowing everything. I think you may be ahead of where I was your age. If you don't know something I would suggest that you don't post as if you do. It probably isn't something you're doing on purpose, it just won't fly here amongst people that do actually know what they're talking about.

Also, you are at the point where you need to make a decision. You need to stop bashing people's cars or leave. Otherwise we will let the members here tear you to pieces if you're trolling. Things like telling someone with an RD to get a real Tiburon...or accusing someone of driving an Accent as if that's an insult...those aren't going to get you anywhere here. There are dozens of people on here with many times the value of your car invested into their mods alone. If you want to wave your e-penis around trying to impress people because you bought an 8 year old broken economy car with your own money you'll have better luck on a high school car site.

There is no room for someone acting the way you have been on this site. Look around, you'll see that the conflicts are mostly limited to you. So ask yourself whether the hundreds of active members on here are the problem, or if it might be you that is rubbing people the wrong way.

We will gladly help you learn. You just need to chill out and be cooperative.