The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Some petty issues in my car

Old 11-12-2010, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default Some petty issues in my car

The car has been sitting since August because I have been going to school. So I just finished painting the remainder of my exhaust pipes (especially around the welds) and my underbody from rust. I highly recommend VHT flameproof paint, it really holds up:

Painted all 4 struts and exhaust and it'll keep the rust out for a while:

You've all heard my ridiculous complaints about mechanics here and them installing everything incorrectly. There's too many abnoxious things to mention, but as if the countless mistakes they make time after time weren't enough (f*ck Meineke for good never go there!), I have now discovered that my Eibach springs are installed upside down. Is there a difference or is this okay?

On top of this mess, I have 4 brand new Kumho MX installed on 4 brand new 17-inch rims. The two front tires seem flat every 4-5 months. I don't know why this happens. They have also been rubbing the fenders and splash guards no matter what I do. It's pretty annoying.

As if today weren't bad enough, I found brown liquid moisture crap evaporated inside all over the cabin likely from the Meguiars leather moistener I've been using. Probably from the sun.

On top of this, my steering boot has popped for no reason at all. All of the paint from my custom shifter surround has bulged in the sun and looks like sh*t. All of the shiny black paint I used on the cowls and mud flaps and mirrors has cracked and flaked off. I guess I shouldn't have used acrylic after all.

I had it perfect before. My patience is just about gone. Otherwise the car is mechanically okay but from the looks of it, it will not be in a few years
Old 11-12-2010, 11:20 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

how do you know the springs were installed upside down?

tires will lose air, expecially after 4 months

your SUPPOSED to check em every gas fill up....same with your fluids man i miss full service gas stations, it was WELL worth the extra 10 cents a gallon

try using enamel for paint next time, like rustoleum
Old 11-12-2010, 11:46 AM

The part numbers and logos are all upside down.

I thought tires lost air over a period of over a year or something, but certainly not 4 months! I guess it's not too bad since I have my air pump, but I have never known this!

Thanks I will do that next time. Ugh I have to take all of the parts apart again, sand them down work work work...
Old 11-12-2010, 12:10 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Everyone should have one of these. Best $4 I ever spent at auto zone.

Digital tire pressure gauge, measures tenths.

Old 11-12-2010, 12:19 PM

That's awesome! Thanks for showing me, I will definitely pick one up next time!!!
Old 11-13-2010, 08:57 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Tuscon

You tire pressures will go down with ambient temperature, especially after sitting several months. And i'm sure its gotten cold in D.C. recently.

Are they eibach pro springs? I can only assume that if they're installed incorrectly that mostly likely is causing your rubbing problem