The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Just "par for the course" for me...

Old 11-13-2010, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2012 mitsubishi eclipse spyder gs, 2001 hyundai tiburon
Default Just "par for the course" for me...

Heard the screeching of that indicator for the brakes. Check it out and the rear pads need changing. Get the pads, no problem. Keep in mind that this is after driving to the closest pick n pull to get an acquaintance an alternator for cheap, getting lost and returning to put the part on.

Then band practice, supper, and see the g/f at work.

Get back and start the process of changing pads in the rear on the tib. Only after getting the pads off the first side, did I realize that I lost the caliper tool at some point in the last yeat or two. Get into the accent that I just bought last week, drive to the local automotive store only to find that I had left my bank card in the tib, and only have 10 bucks on me.(they are charging $14 for the tool) Dash back home, grab the card, and get back just in time to watch them lock up.

I then go to Wal-mart to see if they have one, but the automotive person is gone and the only person covering had a blank look on her face when I asked her about the tool. Not her fault though, she was in housewares.

So here I sit with no tib, until tomorrow after 10 in the morning and it's supposed to rain and snow. FML.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:15 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Tuscon

I use a pair of channel locks or a c-clamp, if i don't have access to my plunger tool, the pliers are easier cause you can spin in at the same time. That and my front driver's pad has cracked and has been screeching for over a month now

Don't sweat the small stuff mang
Old 11-14-2010, 01:42 PM

Vehicle: 2012 mitsubishi eclipse spyder gs, 2001 hyundai tiburon

I know, just a rant I needed to get off my chest, but thanks.