The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

A Scooter Ran Into Me...

Old 04-20-2009, 05:25 PM
AcN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there... bad luck, 2 accidents in 2 days woohoo...

First one : Sunday morning, a lady stood up on her brake pedal when the light was JUST turning orange (she was like 3ft from the light). With the wet/dry/wet/dry road, i did my best, hit her in the back at like 3mph, so she got nothing, i got nothing, i checked her rear bumper, under the trunk and stuff, nothing moved, nothing was broken... She insisted she wanted to do the papers... right. My next year insurance is gonna be €€€ (and i bet she is gonna do some scratches on her car just to get a new paint or something like that... French people are unbearable for that, anyway she does that, i get the cops to her door and the insurance guys to her door tongue.gif)
She said "i respect the code"... i was thinking "don't you ever look around you while driving you ]#{^[|[`\^ ???? you're freaking more dangerous driving this way"...

Second one : 2 hours ago (10:55PM in paris) : i went home, taking a one-way street, and a guy on a scooter rushed into me. He was in the wrong way, hit my precious tib, flew over the left mirror (and broke it by the way). Hopefully he's alright (i gave him some stuff to decontaminate his scratches). His scooter is in 200 pieces, the fuel was flowing out of his gas tank etc...

Anyway, the guy didn't lock his helmet (very common in Paris, once again ! \o/), so he got lucky i could stick to the sidewalk as i saw him... (he was in the middle of the street... not even the border sad.gif ) he could eat my windshield and then the spoiler... And in France, whatever happens, if the guy dies, even if he's hyper-drunk, rushed in the wrong way at 140mph or whatever, you're faulty anyway. Maybe there's an exception if you stay idle... maybe... (welcome to France, again \o/ )

Need to change the front spoiler, the left mirror, the driver side fog light, the remake the body around the windshield (but since the part is pillar + roof + rear fenders... that's gonna be a nightmare), and i'll see about the rest. Hope the insurance of the guy is good enough to repay all the repairs... I guess the suspensions are okay, but i'm gonna do an alignment anyway...

here are the pics (sorry if it's a bit blurry... 0.6" exposure, no flash, broken lens...) :

Note the superb duct tape i had to put on it... xD

Anyway, i'm {#][@{#]^ PISSED OFF. Had to finish ironing my clothes, eat something, and then sleep to get up in 5 hours from now, in the end, i just sleep and that's it... Next time i should ride an assault tank or a monster truck laugh.gif
Old 04-20-2009, 05:31 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

That sucks man. However, it's not that bad lol... could of definitely been a whole lot worse.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:34 PM

Vehicle: 2015 Subaru WRX

I hated scooters when I was driving anywhere is Europe... BLAH Almost as bad as the blasted couriers!! mad.gif
Old 04-20-2009, 05:39 PM
AcN

sure, but i hope my little yellow tib will be fixed really soon...

And i just learned that the guy who hit me didn't wear a helmet earlier the day, and had a 90€'s fine (they're kinda kind here compared to USA when it comes to fines lol). Luckily he wore it at night, even he it wasn't locked, it saved his head. I just hope he will NEVER do stupid stuff like these again... That's the best i can wish for him.

Now let's wait and see for the insurance part ^^
Old 04-20-2009, 06:35 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

thats a really crappy weekend man, hope it all gets fixed