The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

GOD DAMNT!!!!

Old 04-18-2009, 04:34 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default GOD DAMNT!!!!

Kaitlin and I went out to eat dinner tonight, and on the way there...hit a very deep pot hole that came out of no where. Bent the living sh*t out of the front rim. Its still holding air, but looks like complete hell. The bumper and sideskirts are ok, and I dont think the suspension is messed up other than it being out of alignment. I'm calling the town hall Monday morning and raising a huge bitch storm and demanding that they pay to replace the rim. If they dont, well...thats why I keep my attorney on retainer! So f*cking pissed right now! mad.gif 1437.gif
Old 04-18-2009, 05:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 02 Hyundai Accent GS

Sorry to here that hope they take care of it for you. I had that happen the other day right afte they did road "Repairs" thank god I still have steelies.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:48 PM

Vehicle: 05 Hyundai Tiburon SE

Damn V... That sucks so bad!! I would be super pissed to if it was me. Hope that things work about for ya!!!
Old 04-19-2009, 12:46 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Oh man that sucks, and they're brand freaking new too. sad.gif
Old 04-19-2009, 06:45 PM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

It only happens when they are new.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:18 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Accent

Yea that sucks for sure. What are the chances they will cover it? Ontario gov't would never cover something like that i've tried. Take pics of the rim and pothole and send it in to them saying it causes a danger to peoples vehicles and safety. They might cover or meet you halfway.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:51 AM
Administrator

Well, I have good news and I have bad news.

First...the good news! I called the town, who then directed me to the state highway department. The state was very nice to me over the phone, and they said they'll cover the repairs. They're mailing me out a claim form today, and when I get it...just fill it out, send back receipts, and within 10 business days, I'll receive a check in the mail as re-imbursement for the new rim.

Now the bad news....I've called every place I know of, and NO ONE has a single 17" Azule Speed 5 in Gold Gloss, with a 4 lug pattern. I emailed Azul directly also, to see if they have one laying around in their factory, and havent heard back yet. I can get a black or silver one, but no gold. Which means if I go that route, then I would have to paint it, or have it powdercoated. Such a huge pain in the ass. There are no places around here that do rim repair for aftermarket rims either. So having it bent back into shape is out of the question. I just hope that Azul comes back and says they have one, or can tell me which distributor of theirs has one in stock.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:25 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

Damn dude, that sounds like a big, crappy headache! I just had $400 dollars worth of exhaust work done because of a chunk of road that came up in the winter due to a frost heave and cracked my flexpipe. Not an expense I was ready for.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:45 AM
Administrator

I found a company up in British Columbia that sells them. I also found a guy on ebay that has them, but in 5 lug. I sent both companies a message telling them what I'm looking for, in hopes they can help me out. I even sent an email to the manufacturer (Azul) themselves.

Last but not least, I found a guy who travels around the city and does rim repair for dealers. If I cant find a replacement rim in the next couple of days, I'll go to this repair guy. He charges $150-$200 to have fix the rim back to specs. So we'll see what happens.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:45 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I don't know if you tried them but http://www.cbwheels.com appears to have them in stock.