The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Redz

Old 07-08-2006, 11:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

This isnt so much of a gripe but i think this is the fastest way to get your attention

I PMed you a few times about that hood that I bought from Loyen who bought it from you a few months back. I spoke to you as well; and definitly understood when you said it was hard to get the hood shipped.

I'm getting ready for NOPI this month and just really want everything to be settled before then. All I'd like is a refund for the hood. I think it'd be much easier to go that way.

I pmed you twice (july 4th was the last one) about the refund and i know youve seen it as you have been active alot since ive sent them. I just want a refund, ive given up on the hood and i think itll be easier for you too because i know how hard of a time you had to ship it.

just to be clear im not ragging on redz or griping about the situation, i just want to get my money back as soon as i can.

Thank you for understanding
Old 07-09-2006, 12:16 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Oh, no issue, I've got several PM's I need to get to, just haven't had the time yet much this weekend. Sorry for blowing you off. Faithofadragon was gonna help me with this hood, as I told you before, but he doesn't tal to me anymore and I hadn't had the time to try to figure out how to ship it. I wanted to do a DIY on shipping hoods, but egh, I don't even know where to start. ABQElantra will be by tomorrow. We'll take a look at it and see if there is a way to do it. I know I COULD make a crate for it and get it done, but s/h would probably come out to more than the hood cost. Loyen bought it from me because he was going to arrange S/H, now he's banned, an asshole, and I'm stuck with his failure.

Call me if you want to tomorrow, or whenever, or if I'm online, IM is always good.

505-459-2624
Old 07-09-2006, 12:50 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i used to make bridges out of balsa wood. get some light plywood sticks from home depot, cut it up and design a skeleton. when done insert hood with lots of padding/cardboard on the inside. it'll hold up really good.

then go to matress warehouse and get a lot of free carboard. using a staple gun staple the cardboard into the wood to cover the skeleton completely. then tape it all around.

it'll cost you your lunch and a trip to the matress store but you'll get it shipped and safely.
Old 07-09-2006, 02:23 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I know you have ABQelantra coming to help you tomarrow but i know Selina would really rather just get the money back redz, in the time that this took she decided she liked carbon fiber and was either going to use the refund money toward an OEM CF hood (price would be about the same after shipping that FG hood from the southwest to the northeast) or some dyno tuning.

You might have more luck selling it to someone closer also.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:54 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe @ Jul 9 2006, 12:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>i used to make bridges out of balsa wood. get some light plywood sticks from home depot, cut it up and design a skeleton. when done insert hood with lots of padding/cardboard on the inside. it'll hold up really good.

then go to matress warehouse and get a lot of free carboard. using a staple gun staple the cardboard into the wood to cover the skeleton completely. then tape it all around.

it'll cost you your lunch and a trip to the matress store but you'll get it shipped and safely.</div>

Hmm, not a bad idea.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Alex01tib @ Jul 9 2006, 02:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I know you have ABQelantra coming to help you tomarrow but i know Selina would really rather just get the money back redz, in the time that this took she decided she liked carbon fiber and was either going to use the refund money toward an OEM CF hood (price would be about the same after shipping that FG hood from the southwest to the northeast) or some dyno tuning.

You might have more luck selling it to someone closer also.</div>

I won't sell it again. If she just wants a refund, I can do that, but it'll be the 1st of August or so. I don't have $250 sitting around unfortunately.
Old 07-09-2006, 02:52 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Dont worry about it Redz, Ill just take the refund. I can wait until the 1st of August, its no biggie.

Even if you shipped the hood, itd probably be here around August as well which wouldnt benefit me anyway since the show is at the end of this month, hehe.

I never knew shipping out a hood would be so much work lol.

PM me with any info you need.

Thanks a lot man.