The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Pulled over and ticketed for my headlight halos

Old 10-14-2011, 03:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 00 Tiburon
Default Pulled over and ticketed for my headlight halos

My halos are white and I have them on both low and high beams. Pulled over today and ticketed for it. I said they were the basically the same thing that BMW's have. He said they come with them stock from the factory and my car doesnt.

So how in the hell does that give him the right to ticket me? I could see if they were blue, red, or some other color, but white?

Gonna try and fight it and hope the judge is on my side.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:34 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Familiarize yourself with the applicable WAC's and RCW's to see if there is anything that will help or hurt you. But know that any modified light fixtures don't meet federal DOT standards, so even if you meet Washington standards they can still technically ticket you.

Also, if you just want to win, hire an attorney. I have used Lisa Donaldson of Donaldson & Knigge several times (thankfully not recently) and highly recommend her if the ticket was in the Puget Sound area.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:10 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Pony

Hah, Korean Truckers and motorcyclists get away with rainbow strobe lights, underglows, and other atrocities here every minute of every day... I don't get it!
Old 02-02-2012, 03:24 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

That's BS... They don't care. You should have gotten a repair order, not a ticket. I'd fight it!

Hope the judge is good. Let us know how this turns out.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:15 PM

Vehicle: 2012 mitsubishi eclipse spyder gs, 2001 hyundai tiburon

Mine ARE blue and have aquired over $200 in fines for them and 2 threats of tow and storage.

On a lighter note, since they are on a switch, turned them off once when a peace officer, (a step up from a security guard but still a cop wannabe, nonetheless) pulled me over in a parking lot. Told him that it was just the refraction of the blueish HID's in the ice crystals around the headlight. He bought it.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:57 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tib

"Told him that it was just the refraction of the blueish HID's in the ice crystals around the headlight. He bought it." lol
Old 04-03-2012, 12:47 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Tuscani Tiburon

Originally Posted by nos4atu
On a lighter note, since they are on a switch, turned them off once when a peace officer, (a step up from a security guard but still a cop wannabe, nonetheless) pulled me over in a parking lot. Told him that it was just the refraction of the blueish HID's in the ice crystals around the headlight. He bought it.

LOL! Thats awesome man! I had one cop pull up next to me and ask what was under my car one time on my old car. (Had underglow) I told him it was just some LED lights. He asked me if they were illegal and I told him I've never had any problems. And he drove off lol.