The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Personal Thought: Gen Coupe owners are smug sumb*tches

Old 01-13-2012, 07:38 AM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

MrSEO - did you READ this thread? 99% of it is meant to be taken in a joking manner.

Lighten up man, enjoy the site. and Welcome!
Old 01-13-2012, 08:05 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

^ Exactly! This thread wasnt meant to be serious. Red Tib and a couple others even sent me PMs saying they hope no one takes it all serious because it was meant to be fun and just joke around. People need to chill out...

Old 01-13-2012, 08:44 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I can vouche for the admins and mods on here, the site isn't at all like the thread portrays.

Text has the nasty habbit of removing sarcasm/tone/inflection that normal speech has, which can cause things to come across completly different than they were intended.

Hope you enjoy your stay!
Old 01-13-2012, 09:05 AM

Vehicle: 2010 hyundai genesis

Originally Posted by MrSEO
I figured I might check this place out since one of my favorite vendors at Gencoupe (G&M) is migrating over here.

And this is the first thread I see in the Genesis forum.

Really HA? You guys pride yourselves for being so much more mature than Gencoupe yet you guys have THIS kind of thread to welcome us? Did you ever stop for a minute, Red Tib, and think that maybe, just maybe, it's not fair of you to generalize an entire community based on just a few people?

And of course, you gotta love the HA > Gencoupe thread stickied at the top of this forum. Gotta love the bit about how the mods dictate the mood...

I agree that oftentimes the guys at GC are a bit much, but at least I don't see this kind of garbage.

I'll stick around to see what comes up, but this has left a bad taste in my mouth of HA in general.

Get off your high horse and get your s**t together HA.
I left Gencoupe because of people getting their panties in a bunch,like this guy here.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:24 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Genesis Coupe 3.8 R-Spec

I kind of felt the same way as MrSEO until I read this last, important line...

Originally Posted by Red Tib
I dont mean to offend the GC owners on here because I know HA has some awesome members and everyone here is really cool and wouldnt act like the morons on other forums.

He's not calling out -ALL- GC owners, just the ones he's had personal experiences with and what he sees from gencoupe.com. He's right too IMHO. gencoupe.com is flooded with people that make moronic, inflammatory comments. It's like 4chan for car owners. Sure, there are few nice and very helpful people, but they're the exception, not the rule.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:58 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

The magic of HA > Gencoupe.com is that we're comfortable with addressing these kinds of issues openly, intelligently, and monitoring it. If this thread were at some other Hyundai site, it would be locked, deleted, personal attacks, out of control...etc. I don't think that's garbage. Nobody will experience that here.

Welcome!
Old 01-14-2012, 08:25 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Same reason why members can have logical fun debates here about religion and politics.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:10 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

If you do not drive an elantra, you suck

That is all.

want to fight about it?
Old 01-14-2012, 10:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 2L track

I was an Accent smug sumb*tch before I was a Gen Coupe smug sumb*tch
Old 01-14-2012, 12:51 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

I just scanned this thread, but just wanted to add that EVERY brand or model of car is going to have a few a**hole/smug owners and it doesn't matter whether it's a BMW, Mazda, Hyundai or whatever. I understand why some Gen Coupe owners might feel a little smug. They drive (IMO) the nicest Hyundai built to date and they are proud of what they drive/own. Just my 2 cents. But the Accent is still #1! Eat it! LOL!