The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

One of the most infuriating things in the world!

Old 08-15-2012, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010/Hyundia/Genesis Coupe 2.0T Track
Default One of the most infuriating things in the world!

You know those "are you a robot" type verify programs. You know when they have the squigily letters that are IMPOSSIBLE to read and you have to refresh through like 50 of them before you see one that you think you can read, only to mess up and l and and I (that is a lower case L and and a capital i btw). And now you have to find another word that you can read! Anyone else know what I am talking about or am I crazy? And you usually need to do this when you forget your password, because they made you change your password every 90 days or whatever, and you can't use one of your last 10 passwords. And every site you seem to sign up at has different credentials or requirments so it isn't like you can think of a super secure great password and use that for every site. Because some sites allow 6 letters, some 10, some need a special character, some won't allow special characters!!!!!!!!!! And then you finally you think you got your password, and you have to wait a day because of too mayn failed attempts, and so tomorrow you finally get on, and AS SOON as you get in, they make you change your password, as the one you JUST came up with, was only a temporary password, and that temp passwores counts towards your 10 last used passwords!!!!!!!!!!! And they wonder why you can't remember any passwords.

Yea, I know writing it down would be a 'simple' solution to this, or using your computers password remembering software, but then you are screwed if you use a different comupter and you are not home, so hopefully you brought your written down passwords with you. I guess you could store them in your phone.

Sorry for wasting your time, I just had to rant about that. I think this site is one of those simple "are you human, yes no" type checkers, which is more than fine, but why does it have to be so distorted that any humna has much difficulty reading. And have you ever even tried the audio version? It sounds like you are trippin' on shrooms! I have never once sucessfully figured out the audio one.

If anyone has any cool program or trick to read those, I would be all for hearing about it.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

Turns out whatnot is a spambot after all. I knew it!

You made for a very convincing human, but I don't need any rolexes or XXX MEDS right now.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:49 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T