The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Pre-Employment Questionnaires

Old 08-22-2012, 02:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra
Default Pre-Employment Questionnaires

why is it always the bottom of the barrel jobs that make you jump through the most hoops to get hired?

Im currently just looking for a simple part time job that allows me to be off sunday, tuesday, and thursday while im in college

Ive just spent roughly a half hour filling out one of these stupid effing questionnaires, uploading my resume, THEN HAVING TO FILL IN MY PREVIOUS WORK HISTORY(even though its all listed in my resume)

and at the end of all these stupid f*cking questions like "true or false, sometimes the best way to be heard is to be the loudest voice in a argument" or "true or false, its ok to steal for the right reasons"

all these questions are like im on a first date with a chick....cept there is no chance Im gonna be naked at the end of it

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE DAYS OF FILL OUT THIS VERY BASIC PERSONAL INFO APPLICATION, ATTACH RESUME, AND WE WILL CALL YOU IF WE ARE INTERESTED

ALL THIS AND IM JUST LOOKING FOR A f*cking SIMPLE PART TIME JOB its like seriously, when I hired part time guys at the old shop, I made em give me a current address, past address, copy of drivers license, asked them a few basic general questions and hired/didnt hire such as:

can you work these days/hours?

are you a felon?

have you ever been in jail?

can you drive a manual transmission?

this job pays $ a hour are you ok with that?

are you ok with lifting heavy things?

i let them know expectations and let them know since they are part time, they can be let go for any reason i want... if they agreed BAM hire, come in tomorrow and youll start sweeping floors

the entire process took roughly 15 minutes and included the interview

oh and that long ass questionnaire i just filled out? at the very end i got a pop up saying something like "unfortunately we currently are not hiring, your application will be considered for the next 45 days should a position open, thank you!"

Old 08-22-2012, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

Yep. The online ones are the absolute WORST.

You could very well be sifted through their selection matrix, and have zero skills whatsoever. Dropping off your resume, talking to the manager/owner, and making eye contact and shaking hands is the way to go.

I really feel ya man.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:01 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

You are looking at companies which are too big to be a fun place to work. Smaller company = smaller forms eh. Good luck finding a job though, I hear there are a couple other people also looking.