The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Nology Hotwires Suck!

Old 07-01-2006, 09:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>NGK's are on my RD2, and I will be swapping them for NGK's soon.</div>

LOL that doesnt seem to make any sense nana.gif
Old 07-02-2006, 01:15 AM

Vehicle: 02 Accent

^^^^ I (along with EVERYONE else) was thinking the excate same thing....anyways I bought a set of Bosch Wires OEM and they are GREAT, cost me about $40 and i changed them about 2 years, 2 Motors and 60,000 miles ago! lmao.gif I will be getting a new pair of PRDs in neon blue (of course, seems to be a REALLY popular color) within the next few weeks seeing as i have a WHOLE new setup and changing everything else anyways!
Old 07-02-2006, 08:02 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Id like to put in here that there is no need for a capacitor in your ignition system. If you buy wires with a capacitor(ones with ground wires), i'll laugh my ass off at you, and maybe even sell you the next pair fool. There is alot of reasons i can cover for why not to buy cap wires, do some searching. Cap wires <u>will</u> <u>not</u> give you gains and may hurt your performance.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:42 AM

Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

I got magstars.

Theyre made in usa and were $52.

I fitted mine the same day I added my platinums and CAI and I noticed a friggin huge power gain.

But then my old plugs were burnt to crap and my old airbox leaked.
Old 07-02-2006, 04:41 PM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX

Well, although I changed out my plugs and wires, the misfire code is more than likely back since the CEL came on on my way home from work today. WTF?? Would advancing the cam timing 4 degrees cause it to miss?
Old 07-02-2006, 06:56 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Alex01tib @ Jul 1 2006, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>LOL that doesnt seem to make any sense nana.gif</div>

Fixed. Butthole. LOL

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DrivingTibNaked @ Jul 2 2006, 08:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Id like to put in here that there is no need for a capacitor in your ignition system. If you buy wires with a capacitor(ones with ground wires), i'll laugh my ass off at you, and maybe even sell you the next pair fool. There is alot of reasons i can cover for why not to buy cap wires, do some searching. Cap wires <u>will</u> <u>not</u> give you gains and may hurt your performance.</div>

Okay, send some right over, cause you are wrong.

Faithofadragon and I installed a capcitor/voltage stabilizer system on my car about a year ago and did full before and after tests. They are posted.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:52 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

^ Mate, I think he meant spark-plug wires with built-in capacitors (i.e.: Nology hot-wires) & wasn't referring to a voltage stabilizer like your one.

I could be wrong but that's how I understood what he was saying.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:57 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Jul 2 2006, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Faithofadragon and I installed a capcitor/voltage stabilizer system on my car about a year ago and did full before and after tests. They are posted.</div>

That's your charging system. The ignition system is an inductive system. capacitors will throw the voltage to current ratio off. That will cause the RCL phase out of wack. Just stick to straight wires and you'll be better off.

I am in complete agreeance that you should throw a capacitor into a charging system especially if you are running intermittant heavy loads like a sterio system.