Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   The Char Pit (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/char-pit-47/)
-   -   Nology Hotwires Suck! (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/char-pit-47/nology-hotwires-suck-37287/)

tdonnell 06-30-2006 03:19 PM

I have had enough with these POS wires. First off, they cost me $215, and this is the second time they screwed up my engine. Not permanent damage, but misfires. There was corrosion in the 1 and 4 coil terminals and on those wires. The resistance check was 10 times the spec, and at night I could see sparks coming from the part of the wires that the "ground wires" come out of. Total junk-ass product.

I sent them back to the company once before, I just paid shipping and they repaired them, but this is B/S. I am tired of f-ing with them.

I put my stock wires and ngk v-powers back in and I will see if the CEL comes back. Car feels faster now though.

I wish I could send them back and get a partial refund but.

Anyone else have problems with these wires?

Or suggestions of better wires? Magnecor or something? Are they decent?

I need to get a DIS II anyway, with some new wires.

faithofadragon 06-30-2006 03:24 PM

search....

most people hate magnecor

people will say PRD wires cuz there pretty

some people will say NGK cuz there cheap and reliable

tdonnell 06-30-2006 03:33 PM

Well, do we even need better wires. I would think that the stock wires are pretty decent. Doesn't JonGTR run them on his car with boost?

I will prolly get some NGK's. Hopefully they come in red. Are they the same diameter as the stock wires?

Thanks.

Zman 06-30-2006 03:39 PM

I didn't know some people hate Magnecor... I have had my 8mm wires for at least 2 years and have no problem to date. As for the stock wires, they accomplish the job OK, but they ALWAYS go bad after a short period of time (and I mean like 40k miles or even less), and resistance is not to low either.
At almost $45 a set of OEMs, it's wiser to get some aftermarkets for $100 and a tad more that you can have for years without failure.

All the guys I know here with Hondas, don't have any trouble with their stock wires; must be an Aquiles heal for Hyundai?

faithofadragon 06-30-2006 03:52 PM

they hate magnecor cuz they are so expensive for not much improvement...

at 45 bux you can get some NGK wires

Jaws021 06-30-2006 04:01 PM

nology sux ass...

I dont know why anyone would recommend you buy them. Random was the R&D car for them, and he said they sucked ass.

I only know one person who thinks they are great, then again he also sells them...

Magnacores are the best you can get...

Either way.. i wouldint look for a wire upgrade until much later down the road.

tdonnell 06-30-2006 04:20 PM

Not bad advice Jaws. I don't think I will.

Can't believe I thought I would see gains from those junk-crap-ass wires. What a terrible product.

Figured I would start this thread so nobody else wastes their money.

Hey, maybe I can finally get into the 14's now! LOL. lmao.gif

Jaws021 06-30-2006 04:23 PM

put a yellow sticker and you might get low 14s
lmao.gif

tdonnell 06-30-2006 04:27 PM

Hahahah, thats like 50 horsepower!!! I'd better be in the 13's with something like that or I'd be pissed! lmao.gif lmao.gif lmao.gif

faithofadragon 06-30-2006 04:27 PM

^^or vertical doors

lmao.gif lmao.gif