The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

No Info About Shipment

Old 04-10-2008, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Sonata 2.0T Limited

I am very well aware that he is not a business; however, regardless of who sells an item (business or private) there is still an assumption of timely shipping and that some sort of contact would be kept until the transaction has been completed. I don't know about the rest of you, but I hate not knowing what is going on; you military guys know how that feels.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:05 PM

Plus your just excited to get something.. Makes you gitty to get new toys for your obsession.. I'm sure he'll post up something within the next few days, I sent him of an email yesterday.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:36 PM

1) i am not a child waiting around the christmas tree to unwrap a present, this was a business transaction. 2) this isn't a new toy for my obsession, this is an item i NEED for my daily driver.

i don't understand why you all support him so much when he has been quite unprofessional about this whole transaction. there was ample communication while he was trying to sell me the item, but after payment was sent he disappeared.

i do realize that this transaction is not with a business, but as i said above there is still a need for communication at the very least.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:11 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

It's his right to complain here guys, and yes, it's your right to post your opinion here too.

I agree, that amount of time with a sale and no contact, with anyone, is unnacceptable. We don't let SFR or other companies get away with it, why let a private sale get away with it?
Old 04-11-2008, 10:42 AM
Banned

your item is being shipped as we speak..

now stop whining.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:08 PM

He just PMed me, hopefully he did the same for you.

Also, there's a difference between a business and someone just trying to sell a few things casually. Not everyone is tied to the computer, normal people have lives.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:07 PM

he did send me a pm, but he has yet to send me the tracking number that he said he would have within an hour or so of that pm.

that aside, thank you for letting me know once again that i'm not dealing with a business. i'm very well aware of that fact. let me ask all of you that said i should just relax, when you have made a payment for goods or service and you receive no information regarding the status of your order after waiting several days with no contact whatsoever do you just sit back and relax?

REDZ brought up a very good point that i had been thinking of, how is this sale (between two private parties) any different than between a consumer and an official business?

Old 04-12-2008, 01:38 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

It's different because people working at a professional business work there 8 hours a day to ensure you get your stuff. It's different because the sole purpose of a business is to sell stuff, and that's how they make their money, and hence it's normal to expect certain standards from a business. KAW is just a guy selling some stuff. I don't like it either when I don't hear about the stuff I paid for, but you should cut people some slack, it had only been a few days.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:49 PM

there is a certain level of commitment that is expected when money has exchanged hands. i wouldn't be as mad if there had been some kind of contact. it doesn't matter that this is a private sale, is it so hard to take 10 minutes out of your day to send an update about a transaction? i'm not asking for an update every other hour.

there isn't any point arguing about it anymore though, the item has been shipped. regardless of anyone else's opinion, a week and a half with no contact at all is unacceptable.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:58 PM
Banned

meh, your lucky he didn't decide to take my advice. fing02.gif