The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

My Video Card...

Old 03-23-2007, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: car

Is a damn dirty whore... Ok, so I get all of these once good parts at christmas 2005... I didn't get to build the computer til about a year later because of no ram and stuff which i was waiting on from my dad, needless to say, i bought the ram. So I set everything up and it works great... Except the SATA isn't recognized. So I just give up after a while. I turn the machine back on a week later, no video, power button is unresponsive after its on. SHIT! So after a long troubleshooting period, my comp teacher and i discover its the power supply... AND the video card. At the time it was a decnet card. 512mb wasn't even around. It's an ATI Radeon by HIS. 256mb, not too shabby. DVI, VGA, and S-Video out. And we tested this bastard on like 4 computers, none worked. So out of the blue, and 4 months later I decide to buy a new vid board on Thursday in the morning. Another 256 meg board, same stuff, better board. This one is a Sapphire card, which should be here Monday. So today, right now, I decide "Why not just try out that old board just for comfort that I didn't waste my money on that new one..." Sure enough, I pop it in, start it up, Nothing..... Until 5 seconds later I see that oh so familiar ASUS K8V-X motherboard splash screen... ***NEW HARDWARE FOUND*** **ATI Radeon 256mb video card** **Windows has successfully installed your new hardware**

SHIT!!! I just wasted money on a new card I don't need!!! But on the upside, I have a spare case, mobo, some ram, PSU, and a couple old HD's and CD roms around, so i think i might just get another like 4000+ CPU and call it a day and have another machine... lol

Damn computers...........
Old 03-25-2007, 06:08 PM

What operating system are you running, for some reason ATI's older graphics chips don't like the XP system, the new ones are OK but still seem to have a few problems with xp and vista, for me it's nvidia geforce all the way, just picked up the new 8800 gts and it is sweet.
Old 03-25-2007, 11:16 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

the problems he was have are before the system even boots the operating system, i believe. What I take is he can't even see his post screen

Just keep in mind that even though it is working now doesn't mean that it wont stop working again. I would hold on to the new card just in case this card does in fact die agian
Old 03-26-2007, 12:26 AM

Vehicle: car

Yea, it wasn't a Windows problem, it was a general hardware issue. The card didn't work at all. I plan on replacing this card anyways, I bought a better version.