The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

My Rant

Old 05-26-2005, 09:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

*moved to gripes*
Old 05-26-2005, 11:57 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mad-Machine @ May 26 2005, 08:45 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>I take anything reported by Fox with a grain of salt. There is a reason they are banned from the airwaves in the UK. They do not offer any sort of balanced reporting what-so-ever.<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

That's sorta funny, since they were the only ones to call the entire election correctly. I've found more stuff reported by them that other news agency's ignore completely. Nerve Gas attacks on our troops in Iraq, 3 times, no one else reported. PROVED gas attacks. PROVEN findings of stores of chemical weapons in Iraq by troops of other countries, no notice on CNN or elsewhere.

It's sorta funny. If you talk shit about President Bush, you aren't fair and balanced, if you support him and show all sides of the equation, you aren't ballanced.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>But, I have heard that the men in Cuba have receieved training in how to handle the koran. Wether they do it or not, is a different matter.</div>

Heh, they are Marines my man. They DO.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (UltraTibby @ May 26 2005, 08:55 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Just saw the news. It seems that the person who brought up these alligations have dropped them. Not sure of the rest of the details but FYI.
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

Well, some correspondent with Newsweek brought them up, then after the riots they said "Oh, well, this may not have happened", then they came back 3 days later and said "Yes, it definately happened."
Old 05-27-2005, 09:16 AM

The #1 thing that bothers me about this (other than it supposedly happened at all) is that somewhere - can't remember what state - some baptist church put out a sign saying:

"The Koran needs to be flushed."

Yeah - that's an intelligent way to get me and my children into your redneck church.

I'll never understand what makes closed-minded and ignorant people think that the things they do are actually intelligent things worth doing.

People make me sick.

There are different religions out there. That's a fact people are just going to have to face. It's been that way thousands upon thousands of years.

No one has to "like" everyone elses religion, but you can at least have the decency of being a somewhat civilized human being and *respect* their religion by not blatantly attacking it and disrespecting it.

(and I don't want to hear any "well...they do the stuff too" stuff either - I'm talking about EVERYONE. Not just Christians, or Muslims - theres a whole lot of ignorant people in every group that stray so far from what their religion actually teaches, yet proclaim their religion is "The One". They don't even know their own religion, let alone enough of another to say one thing about it).

Dammit...it's not even noon and I'm pissed off...
Old 05-27-2005, 09:47 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

That's why I rule my life, not religion.

Life's been so much nicer since I started beliving what I want.
Old 05-27-2005, 11:09 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN @ May 27 2005, 01:57 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>That's sorta funny, since they were the only ones to call the entire election correctly. I've found more stuff reported by them that other news agency's ignore completely. Nerve Gas attacks on our troops in Iraq, 3 times, no one else reported. PROVED gas attacks. PROVEN findings of stores of chemical weapons in Iraq by troops of other countries, no notice on CNN or elsewhere.

It's sorta funny. If you talk shit about President Bush, you aren't fair and balanced, if you support him and show all sides of the equation, you aren't ballanced.</div>

Regarding those very subject (Fox news and Bush), there's a very interesting book:

Lies, And the Lying Liars Who Tell Them, a Fair and Balanced Look at the Right

It kinda puts those things in some... perspective wink1.gif A good read, anyway.
Old 05-27-2005, 01:17 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ Thats BS... what do you expect from a liberal writer? Of course he's going to right crap about Republicans, etc.

Whether you like it or not, Fox is the most balanced media platform out there right now. They include viewpoints from liberals and conservatives (Hannity & Combes for instance) and try to cover as much as possible. While some programs may lean towards conservatism (O'Reilly for instance) they include viewpoints from the other side in all of their discussions.

On-topic, that entire Koran thing is gay... unfortunately, garbage like that gets ratings.
Old 05-27-2005, 04:53 PM

REDZ, you got it right man about ruling your own life. You can still belive in god, you can salute the flag (which ever of either you want to) but in the end.. no matter what you belive, it all comes down to what you did as a person.

It's like that baptist church that threw out several members for voting for Kerry. So much for the beliefs of the church.

I live my life by two rules taught to me in my Christian days "love your neighbor as yourself" and "treat others as you would want them to treat you"

As a taoist, while I do belive that everything happens for a reason, that does not mean that you cannot influence what happens to you. I may be a liberal, I admit this, but at least I am one of those liberals that actually talks the talk and walks the walk.