The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

My List Of Tiburon Gripes

Old 05-18-2009, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon

Well, I was thinking of all the mods I need to do, when it struck me that my list of maintenance stuff is alot higher and more important. 02.gif Big sigh.

RUST
Salt has ate away at my rear quarter pannels above the wheel... and it's growing. I don't even know how to attack this... it's a solid inch and a bit up, and it's begninning to bubble away at the paint.

The rust has also started around my sunroof! It's ate around the corners, so that little rubber thing that acts as a seal... doesn't seal properly. The thing is still waterproof, knock on wood, but you can here this faint whistling noise when I drive at high speeds.

Rust has even got into the INSIDE of my car, God knows how that happened, and the little levers that pop the trunk and gas cap are rusted... . The trunk popper will pop the trunk, but then it'll get stuck. So, I pop trunk -> go around back and open trunk -> Go back to lever and put it down -> Go back to trunk and shut it.

The gas popper straight up doesn't work, and which leads me to:

Gas Door
The little door that houses the gas cap, well, it stays open. So to compensate, I went all Compton Ghetto on its ass and used a cow magnet (a legit one that goes in cows stomachs) holds the thing in place.

Exhaust
This one is actually a little funny now that I think about it, my 'muffler' has been loud for quite some time now. I just thought that a rock, or rust had rotted a hole in it. I check today, and it turns out that muffler isn't even attached to the damn exhaust pipe. Ridiculous.

All that jazz, plus I need new tires and an allignment.

Big sigh. Atleast my IDA-X100 is lookin' good and sounding great!

*EDIT*
I just remembered two more.
My passenger seat squeeks on bumpy roads. And:
My windshield washer fluid system straight up doesn't work. Woo hoo!
Old 05-18-2009, 06:50 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

right there with you. my tiburon is just fine, but up close there is endless work. i could write a full essay of work but i won't. it's **8ing ridiculous how much sh*t there is to do. outside, inside, underside, this, that...blah blah blah. everything requires customization. you buy one thing, NOPE it doesn't fit or it needs custom work.

those JDM fanboys can kiss my ass, they have everything plug and play on ebay, while we tiburons are all custom.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:32 PM

Vehicle: 2012 mitsubishi eclipse spyder gs, 2001 hyundai tiburon

I hear that!! It's either custom or scour every junkyard in a 5 area code radius!!! It sucks but that's love for ya!!!!
Old 05-18-2009, 07:42 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

good lord guys...do you ever wash your car in the wintertime?
Old 05-18-2009, 07:52 PM

What do you mean, I had that car washed before driving to the graveyard for the photos. That's just how it is here in Canada. S**t, we've got 3 inches just today. I hate this crap. Wish I was rich so I could move to a much warmer climate; me, my tibby and my g/f.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:00 PM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon

Well, where I live, it gets down to -30 celcius easy. So, when you wash your car, good luck trying to unlock your doors. Add salt and sanders that go out every night, if you want to keep up, you would have to wash your car 4 times a week. Either that, or you shelve your car during the winter. Which is not practical for me. The other Tiburon SE around me has the exact same rust problem.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:11 PM

Yeah, here in Red Deer, we get that. We wait until it's around -5 then wash. Usually the salt and sand mixture stays too frozen to actually deteriorate the metal. Followed by a generous dousing of the weatherstripping and locks with air line antifreeze. (A little trick I learned from the service rigs.)

That and command start to warm up the car, and warm up the weatherstripping and glass.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:56 PM

Well, my turn...

My big one is my cars paint is in clear coat failure.

Small ones are, Small tear in my seat, squeeky steering wheel, and small crack in valve cover.

But wheres the fun if you dont have anything to work on.

Nothing can ever be perfect.