The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

MOTHER F#CKER!!!

Old 07-23-2012, 10:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra
Default MOTHER F#CKER!!!

so as some of you know, ive recently moved across country.

we had a agency setup a contract and they had movers come june 1st to pack our stuff, which was supposed to be at our new home on june 22nd.

the way the agency setup the way the contract went was like this:

company A packed and brought everything to a warehouse to be put in shipping crates

company B picked up shipping crates and moves them by freight to a warehouse near our location

company C picks up from warehouse and delivered to our new home

well the original company B that was supposed to actually ship it in the initial contract, decided they didnt want the job anymore(foreshadowing....) so the agency had to find a new company B to take our stuff from POINT A to POINT B.

me and the wife been sleeping on the floor from june 1st until today, july 23, we have had NO dishes, NO pots and pans, have been sitting in camping chairs, using tupperware totes as tables, and wearing whatever clothing we brought in a suitcase(we only packed enough cloths for 2 weeks....) LUCKILY we were smart and got a apartment with a washer and dryer so that part hasnt been so bad.

that is PART A of my mover's rant

PART B-

prior to the move, we decided that if someone else is being paid to move across country and it into the house, why not buy new furniture instead of being stuck with our old sh*t.

so within the past year or so we:

bought a new couch and matching chair

new king size bed and new frame

new coffee table with matching end tables

new entertainment center

well apparently company A didnt see a need to wrap ANYTHING at all and ALL of our furniture is messed up now

hole in our mattress, bed frame has a massive rub mark on it. they also didnt pack a hardware box for the nuts and bolts for the bed frame so i had to take roughly 5 trips to the hardware store to basically rig up a way to get my bed together.

in fact, most of our furniture has to be refinished now

they stacked the weights from my weight bench(which is also now ripped) on top of a dresser and after bouncing around for 1300 miles with 300#s of weight on it, the dresser didnt survive the trip

our bikes were thrown on top of the unwrapped kitchen table (massive gash)

im pretty sure they stole my nitrous bottle, and probably other stuff that i havent noticed yet

our couch is missing the feet and has a 5" long gash across the sides

pretty much, if it wasnt in a box, its now damaged and i havent even opened all the boxes yet to see if that statement is even true quite yet

we gotta call the agency tomorrow and start the process of a claim

its so bad that company C's movers called the agency's local rep before they took anything off the truck and had him come down to take pictures of how they packed it. The OWNER of company C drove 40 miles to "help out with this situation" (ie cover his ass) and he said hes been doing this for 10 years now and this is the worst delivery hes seen

off the top of my head i estimate(dont know how much cuz i donno what it takes to fix everything or if it would even be possible to fix it) probably about $4k worth of damage
Old 07-23-2012, 11:02 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

did they at least deliver your weapons? You're gonna need them.

That's frickin' insane dude. Please list the company publicly so nobody else will be subject to this
Old 07-23-2012, 11:03 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Oh man... that's horrible! What company is this? What the hell is going on with companies hiring clueless people and treating their customers like squat. They should reimburse the cost of the damage.

You're not alone though. I was supposed to fly to Poland in June. Nope. I've been waiting for my Elantra Touring since about June 14th. It's been at the dealership since. The sunroof part took just over 1 month to arrive. It finally arrived from Korea and... wait for it, wait for it

IT DOESN'T FIT!
Old 07-23-2012, 11:19 PM

yah ill post up the name publicly once i hear back from the agency (legal mumbo jumbo)

HKC here ive been losing weight again expecting some good vodka from you and now you have backed out of the deal??

and here im back down to 225 again

at least they boxed and safely wrapped:

wait for it

almost there

Old 07-24-2012, 09:27 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Man, that sucks.

At least I'm pretty sure that'll be a slam dunk getting a claim.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:31 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

!!! This is one hell of a mess. It reminds of the service I received in West Virginia (no offense to WV'ians, just the local business).

You will receive your Krol Sobieski in exchange for some smug tweeterpeeping but the fate lies in the dealership, which claims the fate lies with some half-waged overworked 15 y/o Korean boy in a factory (which appears to be striking momentarily). I'm surprised they can't get the part from a donor car, or another supplier but it is what it is.

In 2011 Hyundai stopped making the SE Touring with the options I wanted (I thought you could "build your own car"), which the Hyundai dealer failed to explain when I wanted to buy new. They attempted to convince me to purchase a GLS with no options ). 1 finance rep, 2 mechanics, and 1 manager just about had enough of my background Hyundai knowledge LOL!

I particularly wanted a sunroof, which I had numerous used car representatives literally run out to their inventory and check. So after months of searching cars online, I found the 2010 with super low miles with the options I desired for a great price! Low and behold, the very thing I was after would betray me!

Purchase the car, everything is perfect! Wow, that was easy, right? So I opened the sunroof one evening and KKRRSHHHSSSHHSHHHH jammed open. No prob. Car has 30-day warranty, on top of the dealer 50k. Send it to the dealer, been there since and 90% it will be there for another month 1/2.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:47 AM

Screw it get your money back

I'd raise some hell if I were you

Hell at least get em to pay your car note for the month of lost use
Old 07-24-2012, 11:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 02 Hyundai Accent

I smell epic fail here... oh there it is

Originally Posted by faithofadragon
i had to take roughly 5 trips to the hardware store to basically rig up a way to get my bed together.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:27 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Wow, yeah that pretty much sucks the big one. Hopefully there shouldn't be much of an issue getting a claim approved, especially with a statement form the owner of company C.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:01 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

What I don't understand here, is how nobody spoke up at any point in here? I mean sure, if ONE guy is rushed, he might just toss in some furniture or whatever. But for an entire chain of people to look over and approve of the shambles that was all of your stuff - and say nothing? Nup. Get on their sh*t.

That sucks for you too, HKC. I'm pretty sure that they just push these 'free' jobs waaaay down the priority list. Take it to another dealer. Get some quotes. Take photos, make em nervous. Or just get buttmad at the manager, that seems to end so many strikes and mysterious supply issues.