The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Look At What I Found, If I Could I Would Waste Them All

Old 11-28-2006, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When they were first sold in the US they were CRAP.... and gradually their quality got better and better.... but Hyundais have been hated on ever since....
Check THIS LINK and go down to "Hyundai in America"

Here's part of it:

"Initially well received, the Excel's faults soon became apparent. Also, efforts to bring costs down made reliability suffer. With an increasingly poor reputation for quality, Hyundai sales plummeted, and many dealerships began abandoning franchises. At one point, Hyundai became the butt of many jokes and even made David Letterman's Top Ten Hilarious Mischief Night Pranks To Play In Space: #8 Paste a "Hyundai" logo on the space shuttle."

SORRY OT, but kind of helps you understand why....
Old 11-28-2006, 10:22 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Yo I know you came here in peace and all, but what they said in the beginning? nothing against you but if your just talking opinions then there is no reason for the insensitivity. We flame ricers too, hell, go look for a guy named real fresh or w/e the fvck his name was... we had an entire post just to flame him but it was deserved. im not gonna go there and sign up to post, its just internet argueing. I mean this is almost worse then myspace messaging... any fight that has any real value, be it physical or verbal, is between people you see in person, whether you know them or not. But go back and read what your people said... its pretty messed up considering you came here and contradicted everything they said.</div>

I don't disagree... Both sides were rather harsh... especially the "pack mentality" that devolved in that thread... I'm not defending it so much as explaining it... As you said I'm talking opinions... And thats part of the problem... "rice" is an opinion... one man's rice is another man's nice(lady's too just used the expression)... Hell we argue/debate within our own members as to what is or isn't rice... Which was kind of the point I was shooting for... No two people will always agree on what classifies something... Our defintion and yours may not be the same... But because they are opinions are either one really wrong...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Heh..our cars have the H symbol on it and that makes them sh1t..doesnt matter if the car runs 10secs 1/4mile and beats everyone, it will still be seen as sh1t..

Those guys have never been in a Tib not talking about driving one..its just a shame that they feel a lot better than us..

Ive been on quite a few forums and when i say what i drive they just laugh their heads of..

I cant seem to understand why this is happening and why people tend to act this way, i dont see a lot of us claiming here that we can beat every car out there, but from what they say it seems like they can beat everyone..

I never liked old school cars, i dont like them now and i wont like them when im on my death bed..Their time has passed and they should be put away as a "collectors item" behind the glass in some garage..</div>

As I said in another thread, just because its a Hyundai its not automatically crap... Hell we have the some guys that take beating on our site that are beloved members because of what they drive... And we also have some impressive off brand guys... Its not one car specific with us... Go through the members ride section and you'll find probably one of the most diverse membership lists of any car site... So the love is more person then model...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I respect you for what you have to say right there but listen, that powerband is far from useless... Consider this, while a car who makes 500HP at 1000 rpms is just gonna go nowhere because it cant get traction, the tib is gonna be gone. If, and im most probably sure he can, mad john knows how to shift, that car's powerband is probably the most useful there is. Especially for a light car. Making huge amounts of power early on in a light vehicle is just gonna spin them wheels.</div>

All true... And I'm not doubting the owners ability to shift... My point was the constant up and down to keep it in the power band would be better served time wise but having a slightly lower set of numbers with a wider band... less shifting meaning more on throttle time for smoother driving... Its the give an take on any motor... Figure even increasing the powerband to 2000 rpms would probably eliminate anywhere from 3 to then shifts depending on the course (it was said somewhere here the car is a mountain race car) Because the car is so light the gains time wise by not having to shift and hold a gear would more then work out in the end...
Old 11-28-2006, 10:26 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

And now that there are a few threads on this and the guys from that site are actually talking in a nice manner, I will close this thread.

Keep it nice in the other ones guys. We CAN all get along.