The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Letting Off Some Steam

Old 07-28-2005, 08:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok i love my car but some times i just get so mad. everytime i drive another car i get more and more upset about the lack of power. sometimes i just wish my car had more power. i know there is a lot of stuff to do to make it faster but not everone has the money for a turbo. oh well, i still love my car but i just wish it had more stock power to go along with the great looks.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:00 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

Get to work and save some money, you don't need to buy a turbo to go fast! You bought a slow car that looks fast because it was flashy and cheap. Save your money and mod away.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:01 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

It can be depressing, but I'm to the point now where I can't stand driving anything else almost.

What do you have done to your car?

I'm assuming you drive an auto?
Old 07-28-2005, 09:38 PM

yes i have an auto 02.gif not really any other choice. where i live there isnt a hyundai dealership within 2 hours. i just happened to see the car at a local car lot one day. but anyways right now i have CAI, custom cat-back exhaust. that is all that is done so far. i know i would like to go turbo as soon as i can though and take the tranny to levelten. but stuff like that cost a lot of money. i will probably just save up a little and get headers and pulleys. i am not for sure what else to get. but that about sums up my car.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:54 PM

This is where you work your ass off all summer and make enough money for a manual swap and turbo kit.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:58 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

^^
I just turned 18, how do you think I was able to afford all my stuff? (not to mention, ANOTHER tib wink1.gif)
I work for $7/hr. haha.gif

Seriously, if I were you, don't waste any more money on headers/pulleys, or any n/a mods at all. You can probably do a manual swap for like $1000 (and that's if you pay someone to do it and get the parts from a yard or ebay). Either that, or try to sell this tibby and buy a 5spd. You could probably break even and gain a 5spd in the process. A stock manual tib is equal to an auto tib equipped with i/h/e.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:53 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Seriously my man, you have NO clue the difference in a modified manual vs a modified auto tib.

Astounding.

Peter 2150 has a lightly modified Auto 2001 tib. He got his ass handed to him at the drag strip here during the last BBQ by a very slightly modified RD1 MANUAL.

The swap, as mentioned by eveyrone that's done it, from Shaddoh to Tibbychick, is the absolute best thing you can do. You'll never wanna get rid of her then.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:56 AM

I agree with you, PT. Don't get me wrong, auto Tibs have decent power. Quite frankly, it struggles in first gear. tongue.gif The only way I can get any power off the line is doing a brake launch; never dig into my seat unless thats how I takeoff. I'm sure the manual Tib isn't different.. almost every person who has been in the car with me will say "It takes FOREVER to get out of first gear!" But then the short gearing kicks in and it picks up after a while, with a manual even more!

Just tonight I took 2 of my friends up to the city and my friend Chris took 3 in his Cadillac CTS V6. That thing has some crazy power (265-hp), especially on the highway and since I didn't know how to get to South Street I had to follow him and his beserk driving down the highway for an hour. I had absolutely no trouble keeping up with him even when he was at WOT after tolls, and his is a 5spd auto.. Just little instances like that keep giving me hope in my car and it's future.

But yeah, I'm with you on that man. Even drove to the shore this past weekend in one of the older Maximas...those things can freaking fly if you want them to. Kinda makes you wish you had that kinda power STOCK in a car that looks as beautiful as ours. The cars not slow, it's just not torquey enough
Old 08-03-2005, 08:40 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Not tourquy enough lmao.gif not tourquy enough would be a s2000 or teg, unless you can get a disel truck that as lots of tourque but can not rev up to get the hp
Old 08-03-2005, 01:37 PM

I have a solution for you... NAWWZZZZZZzzz. Best bang for the buck man!