The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Letting Off Some Steam

Old 08-03-2005, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (2kShark @ Aug 3 2005, 03:56 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'm sure the manual Tib isn't different..
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

incorrect. go drive one and find out for yourself.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:40 PM

Yeah, I was gonna say the same thing. Going from 0-30 in 1st gear is pretty damn quick!
Old 08-08-2005, 02:30 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tibby01 @ Aug 3 2005, 02:38 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>incorrect. go drive one and find out for yourself.

Ack, typo.. IS** different. I've driven one, how many times have I had to clarify this? haha.gif It was my friends MT w/ CAI, and I was out of first in no time. BTW, hit 60 in roughly 7.5. Notice how I shut up about the auto being that much slower? wink1.gif

Like I said though, the auto spends forever in first. I'm sure someone can verify that. It's actually not that slow in the higher gears though.

Bri, I'm with you on the Teg. I've been in several this past month. Mostly manuals as well. They feel hella slowwww because of the lack of torque (if it's even there?)But that's what I'm trying to say -- You don't think the Tib would feel peppier if it was more torquey in the low end? The TQ on the auto is not agressive at all!
Old 08-08-2005, 04:17 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

With out i4 you dont have lots of tourque down low or up top lmao.gif it stays the same about thats na guys dont talk about turbo cars having lots more tourqu up top mid range, but with v8s they have high tourque down low then it drops off
Old 08-08-2005, 04:37 PM

Guys its a 4 cylinder engine. You dont get a lot of torque from them. The smaller motors are built for the power up top, theyre meant to scream into 7,500 RPMs and take it. However look at some of the turbo guys, theyre pulling more torque than horsepower.

But IMO the tib puts out great numbers with small turbo kits. I mean you can def run 200WHP for under $2,000. I mean 2 grand for doubling your power. Thats great. So dude, save up your money, slap on a turbo, swap to a man trans, sit back, and enjoy the ride. wink1.gif
Old 08-09-2005, 05:56 AM

I dunno... would it be anything to say that I have beaten Mustang GT's and CTS' in my auto RD2? Maybe not... but seriously... auto isn't that bad. Maybe my car had something done to it, because I have driven a friend's auto RD2 and it sucked. I'm confused... but all I know is, my car is damn good with it's pick-up and speed as an auto.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:11 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Phenomenal_Thunder @ Jul 28 2005, 08:58 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>ok i love my car but some times i just get so mad. everytime i drive another car i get more and more upset about the lack of power. sometimes i just wish my car had more power. i know there is a lot of stuff to do to make it faster but not everone has the money for a turbo. oh well, i still love my car but i just wish it had more stock power to go along with the great looks.

thats the fun part about 4bangers. in muscle cars the power is already there(for the most part lol) granted they are cheaper to mod...4cylinders are more fun to mod because they have no initial power. but when modded correctly can be as fast or faster than some muscle cars.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:55 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ToXiC_LovE @ Aug 9 2005, 11:56 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>I dunno... would it be anything to say that I have beaten Mustang GT's and CTS' in my auto RD2? Maybe not... but seriously... auto isn't that bad. Maybe my car had something done to it, because I have driven a friend's auto RD2 and it sucked. I'm confused... but all I know is, my car is damn good with it's pick-up and speed as an auto.
trust me, you say that now, I used to say that too .. but once you own a 5spd tib you will realize just how slow the autos are. I'm probably one of the best people to give an opinion on this, as I OWN both.

And I guarantee you did not beat a 5.0 V8 5spd Mustang GT with your Automatic RD2 which is completely stock. Sorry. I can't believe anyone would go to the track with a stock auto tib anyway....and if it was on the street you probably like "flew by" him and he didn't even know you were trying to race him.

And first gear in a 5spd vs in an auto should not even be compared...
Old 08-09-2005, 09:34 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ToXiC_LovE @ Aug 9 2005, 06:56 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>I dunno... would it be anything to say that I have beaten Mustang GT's and CTS' in my auto RD2? Maybe not... but seriously... auto isn't that bad. Maybe my car had something done to it, because I have driven a friend's auto RD2 and it sucked. I'm confused... but all I know is, my car is damn good with it's pick-up and speed as an auto.

Now, that's just funny..... GT mustang.... come on, come back down to earth! I second what zoned said. I used to own auto XD with I/H/E and my bone stock tib with 5 speed was faster than XD... and that would still be 16 second car 02.gif blah on 4 cyl FWD cars!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>thats the fun part about 4bangers. in muscle cars the power is already there(for the most part lol) granted they are cheaper to mod...4cylinders are more fun to mod because they have no initial power. but when modded correctly can be as fast or faster than some muscle cars.</div>

Yeah they could be as fast as some bone stock muscle cars after you put a serious amount of cash into it. But how many bone stock muscle cars are out there? A few... most of the muscle cars are bought to be modded...
Old 08-13-2005, 02:57 AM

I really don't know why you guys are picking on me and basically calling me a liar. I'm not.