The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Importshark

Old 03-24-2006, 10:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what were the two settlements?

if they were not total in full refunds i wouldnt want it either... rick is sheisty... i told you all when he came back the first time that he was sheisty but nobody beleived me, then he screwed a bunch of people, and now he is doing it again.......

im sorry YOU chose to do business with rick, but the fact is you choose to use an unreliable method of getting the kit.... you owe this guy a refund plain and simple, i dont care what your "policy" is... im a sales manager for circuit city and there is NO way i would let this stand even if my policy says i dont haev to do shit, there is still the What is right policy of crap
Old 03-29-2006, 10:03 AM

Vehicle: 2005 Lotus Elise

I don't have the exact settlements in front of me right now, but both were a swap for another bodykit--one of lesser value (with monetary compensation to follow) and the other was basically an upgrade.

And just to clarify...
Thsi was not a purchase through REAL Engineering--he somehow took control of a shipping container that I was having a manufacturer prepare for me. He asked me for space in the container for his own product, which I approved. I informed the manufacturer to expect Rick to contact them regarding adding some inventory to the container, after which they switched the cosignee information to Rick for some reason. I do not know if Rick deceived them to do so or if they simple misunderstood my instructions. The fact of the matter is that Rick somehow got control of the container, which is how we ended up in this situation.

So as you can see, I'm in a tight spot here--but it is not because I chose to do business with someone with a less than desireable reputation. It was a mistake by another party that I really cannot hold responsible. If I were at fault, I would feel obligated to do something sooner. However, these circumstances were out of my control, so I'm going to do everything in my power to see this through.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:37 PM

I myself can back mike up on this issue, he has done everything he can to get this situation resolved, he even flew out to Cali for one day to personally try to get things resolved but was shot down by the REAL merger situation.

I myself will be traveling to Cali around the 9th of April for business and if Rick hasn't left for Korea yet I will also see what further actions can done to resolve the situation in a more timely manner.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:22 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Who is it that is buying REAL? I don't understand what THEIR holdup is.
Old 03-30-2006, 08:19 AM

I'm not sure what or who the merger is about but when Mike went to Cali, all of Ricks stock was under lock and key. The stock could not move until the merger was complete. I think the issue is now, Rick included our kits as part of his stock which was included as part of his worth for the merger, in which case I think someone else controls now.

As far as business mergers go this is the way I understand it.

I do know Mike has been in weekly contact with Rick to ensure things are being worked on. Right now, Mike trying to track down a kit that Rick was getting re-shipped from Korea but the manufacturer has not shipped it yet.
Old 03-30-2006, 09:33 AM

Yeah, I've been talking to Mike, he's helping me get my stuff too.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:16 AM

Ehh, Mine is on the topic. I'm missing my bodykit and clutch kit too.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:17 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

You know, this is rediculous. Like Viper said, we tried warning everyone about Rick when he came here. Redshark (Kara?) was having serious problems dealing with Rick about a body kit back when KORE first started. So did many others. I brought up that exact subject in one of his "welcome" threads.
Rick took a few years off and expected to come back like a new business. Honestly, I thought Redz and many other old schoolers would have remembered his shitty business dealings.
It's one thing for the community to get screwed, but another to have the same business come back again years later and screw everyone again. owned.gif