The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Hyundai Criticism...

Old 01-06-2010, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2003/Hyundai/Accent
Default Hyundai Criticism...

Every day i deal with this..

"Hows gay hyundai?"
"yeah its still a hyundai, not a honda"

things such as this dont get to me but after so much it begins to piss me off.
people say why are you putting money into that piece of sh*t?
Its the only thing i have why the f*ck not?

what do you say to these people to shut them up forever.
seriously.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:02 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

You ignore them, and if they keep it up....you give them this:

Old 01-06-2010, 01:33 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Accent

get used to it because you will NEVER hear the end of it. the other day some guy in my complex was asking me all about my car and he asked what it was. i told him it's a hyundai and his interested level plummeted straight to 0. get used to this man, it's life with a hyundai
Old 01-06-2010, 01:45 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I haven't had too much trouble with it, but do occasionally. There are idiots everywhere though, get use to it.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:48 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

years ago i would have had a small dispute, but nowadays i sort of agree with the opposition. all cars all look and perform the same nowadays so it's really irrelevant. it would be like saying "that calculator is crap, this calculator is better because the buttons have more quality" ???

everytime someone says something like that, i set them straight by giving some history lesson but i agree with them because buying a hyundai is sort of a waste. it's unrealistic to say that there aren't better cars and better deals out there.

all in all, it depends on what the person wants. every person has different taste. i prefer the cheap weighless hi-reving hyundai.

Old 01-06-2010, 02:18 PM
Administrator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe @ Jan 6 2010, 12:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>all cars all look and perform the same nowadays</div>
Statement = full of Fail

So incredibly full of fail...

Possibly the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard on the internet. That takes work.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (187sks @ Jan 6 2010, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I haven't had too much trouble with it, but do occasionally. There are idiots everywhere though, get use to it.</div>

that is because they are scared of you... lol
Old 01-06-2010, 09:41 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

function follows form yes? maybe in outer space!!!

there are plenty of people who can agree with that statement. there are loads of random cars now, and frankly who cares which one's which and what looks like what anymore? most people buy for brand and function, not looks. there isn't enough of a market to target aesthetics. you don't think that they're running out of designs? they are not revolutionary anymore. it's sad when a new WRX looks like a Kia Spectra.

you've got to be joking if you don't agree this unworthy WRX doesn't look like a Corolla:

pardon my Polish, but why do dupy does a friggin WRX look like a Corolla?!?!?!? not to mention, wow, cool squares we've seen on 90,00000 cars, i fell in love with them instantly!

in that sense. what reason would someone bash either one of these cars for other than the sole reason of badge like i have done?

also, car identities are no longer as distinctive as they used to be. the corvette is pretty much the only car that really stuck to tradition both in looks, size, and performance and i give full credit. it's a car that is a true legend, not some "omg let's design something with a diagnol line, make it fast and call it GTO or GTR"
Old 01-06-2010, 09:57 PM
Administrator

Some cars do look similar, and most have throughout history. 30's cars look like 90% of other 30's cars. 40's cars look like 90% of other 40's cars. There are as many exceptions now as there ever has been, which is the vast minority. Look in 20 years and the cars will mostly look the same, but they'll look different than they do now.

I laughed a lot harder over your statement that all cars perform the same. That's truly ludicrous beyond any explanation.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:12 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

yeah, you said "look and perform the same", does that wrx perform the same with that corolla?? And apart from them both being blue and having slightly similar body lines, I don't see the big resemblance

the wrx always looked kind of ugly to me, but it is all part of its charm.. i.e. it is ugly but i like haha