The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

how gay is this? (why i'm not going to hp anymore

Old 09-24-2003, 01:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

first this..
http://hyundaiperformance.com/forums/topic.php?t=36427

then this..
http://hyundaiperformance.com/forums/topic.php?t=36496

then i get this e-mail from a mod...

Hello 14.8sec,

This is email is being sent to you because a moderator of the Hyundai
Performance Forums has deducted your Citizen Rating for the following post in
the topic 'to skierd':

" ok, so you ask to see slips but you lock the thread i started so i
cant reply to that thread, thats cool with me. so what next, ban me like you did
yuri? thats would be fine to.

so you want to see slips, damn i must have posted them a million times, let me
find them real quick so you can eat your own bs.

there is the slip for you and here is the dyno

so take your bs somewhere else

[Edited by 14.8sec on Sep 23, 2003 9:42 PM]"
[]http://www.hyundaiperformance.com/forums/t...ic.php?t=36496]

Your Citizen Rating was deducted for the following reason:

Unsuitable/offensive content
"Posting of objectionable and/or offensive pictures is prohibited. If you have
a picture to post that you are unsure of, please email an administrator or
moderator for approval."

If you have any questions, you can email the moderator at
john@hyundaiperformance.com

NOTE: Do not reply to this email. Send a message to the forum administrator at
kirk@hyundaiperformance.com instead.

so needless to say, i will not be back there. i dont mean to start anything here i am just showing the maturity level of hp.
Old 09-24-2003, 01:39 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default how gay is this? (why i'm not going to hp anymore

Wow.

I like the professional response from the mod that emailed you. Looks like the same shit, different day at HP.com.

No wonder I don't go there anymore either. Bunch of wise asses, post lockers, and know it alls mad they are driving Accents.

:roll: :roll:

You know what's sad? Folks will show up, that being their first look at the Hyundai Tuning world, and they will turn right around and not come back.

*Sigh*

HP has a good store, but the forums are crap. Totally. Rob is very helpfull, but most, and I say again MOST of the mods need to be kicked off and banned.

This site will NOT turn into that, for sure.
Old 09-24-2003, 01:51 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

ive been seeing a lot more of that immature sh!t latley over there. thats why i hope this place gets more users cause i already like this place more than hp.com
Old 09-24-2003, 03:02 PM

Vehicle: FX Coupe

I agree, Im glad that this place don't judge, and get childish

R.E.S.P.E.C.T - Thanks for the forum Modz...

Mind you there are a few people on hp that have good knowledge that have helped me out and i thank them.

Rock on RD.. :evilguy: wink.gif
Old 09-24-2003, 05:53 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

In my opinion the post was taken way out of hand. Some think it's a sports car, some don't... you don't have to take anybody's opinon and nobody has to take yours. That's the end of it. Don't judge an entire forum because of one or two mods, just deal with it and don't let it affect your life. I like HP and get a lot of useful and helpful information, ideas, and feedback from there. There are a lot of intelligent and respectful people there, but when you have 60,000 members... there will be a few jerks, so deal with it... life isn't perfect.

And I fail to see how your situation is in any way similar to Yuri's...

Get off your soap box and deal with it. If you don't like HP, don't go there, but don't judge an entire forum on the viewpoints of a couple people... and what did the Citizen Reduction do? Nothing, just gave you a warning.
You weren't being very respectful, so don't plan on having others respect you. That's how life goes... and if somebody is going to claim something, i'd like to see proof.
Old 09-24-2003, 07:43 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SPIKE)</div><div class='quotemain'>Redz I expected more out of a moderator of another forum (ie this one) not to bash on other forums on the net.</div>

Well, this is the Gripes forum so it's in the right place. Expect what you want out of me, I'm American and free and get to speak how I feel. Why do you think there are thousands and thousands of members there and only a few hundred ever post? It's hostile there. Plain and simple. You may not like that opinion, but no one says you have to. Since my statement above obviously included you (To be honest, you aren't who I'm talking about there though, I could list names but don't want this to be a personal attack) you are responding.

Truly man, it's silly.

The forums there are slow, glitchy, and have been "Being updated" or "that function is being fixed" since I joined. I've not seen any improvements in their forums.

Lastly, I again stand behind my statement that I have not recieved any helpfull info from HP.com. From the store, yes, but not from the forums. They are fun to go into and mess around a bit, but for serious info, I go here and HA.com. Keep the silly stuff in off topic, not EVERY TOPIC.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I myself am a mod @ HP.com and do take offense to the bashing it is comments from newbie mods) YES you are a newbie mod (nothing personal) and yes this issue was addressed by Kirk in the mod forum btw: about it being locked.</div>

Great. You took offence. Maybe you'll help get some of them to straighten up. Great, I'm a newbie mod. I don't attack anyones views or opinions here, I help foster them. Same at HA.com . If you are going to lock something, then it should be for a valid reason. Not for posting offensive images. Come on, how is Littlejohn's dyno or timeslip offensive? :roll: I may be a new mod, but I've been posting on forums on the net for over 4 years now. On software sites and the Hyundai sites. I'm glad our little tiff is over to say the least, it was annoying. I still don't respect the way you've acted in our freindship, but you're human. Besides, I won't have to see you again anyways. wink.gif

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Look some of the mods are a little hyper, granterd just be professional and curtious and take it in stride, not like the citizen rating affects your life</div>

You used to look at it differently SPIKE. You know as well as I that one of the most important things in the "Scene" is to get new blood intrested. If it doesn't happen, we don't get the support from the mfg'rs. Every new person that comes to the forums needs to be treated with respect and taught how things work. I like the HP.com Newbie forum and think thats a great idea. I however think that there is way too much opinionated bashing all over the site. The mods don't step in and delete posts, and most of the time are instigators. Again, this is most mods there. Citizen ratings don't mean crap to me. Never have. Hyper is one thing, rude and offensive is another.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Right like Rob will just fire all the mods cause of an opinion. Just because someone isn't a dual mod they want to complain the most and they are not allowed to post whore all over the forums like they do else where.</div>

Again mang, opinion. What do you mean Dual mod? If you mean that I'm mad cause I'm not a mod there, you are mistaken my man. I wouldn't want to be one in that zoo. No thanks. Come on dude, cut out the personal attacks, I whore around a lot but I also put in GOOD info and help out more than most on any of the forums. I'm obsessed, and I'm helping folks out. Again, I don't go to HP.com much anymore because of the way it's run over there and the overall hostile environment. I could post all I want there with no worries, I never got a "Stop posting" message, I just prefer to go where folks help. HA.com and here. Hell, even David from Kspec knows I hate his forums, but I help out there as well.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>And this is the internet for crying out loud you take things persoanlly here?</div>

Don't see where I took anything personally.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>You have to be kidding me</div>

Nope, I don't have to. And am not.

:? shock.gif laugh.gif

As an end to the Sportscar Discussion...

Here in Korea, it's not only A sports car, it's THE sports car. Here an Import is a Ferrarri, Corvette, or Mustang. Funny eh?

Now, as for definitions... Most everyone has agreed that the Tib is a Sports Coupe.

Hmm...

A coupe is a car right?

Sports CAR.
Old 09-24-2003, 10:02 PM

Default Brighter Halos

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (majikTib)</div><div class='quotemain'>And I fail to see how your situation is in any way similar to Yuri's...

Get off your soap box and deal with it. If you don't like HP, don't go there, but don't judge an entire forum on the viewpoints of a couple people... and what did the Citizen Reduction do? Nothing, just gave you a warning.
You weren't being very respectful, so don't plan on having others respect you. That's how life goes... and if somebody is going to claim something, i'd like to see proof.</div>

My situation is not in any way like Yuri’s. I was just insinuating that they lock topics and ban people just because they don't like a person or have been proven wrong. They are quick to stop anyone from voicing their opinion.

Your right though, I won't go back to hp that is why I put that in the topic.

As for my view points on that forum, there are some very smart people that help out very much but the way it is ran by the mods makes it a less desirable place.

I don't want it to seem as if I am bashing anyone right now, when I started this topic, I admit I was a little frustrated but there is no reason to tell someone to "shut the F up".

So with that, who was being disrespectful? Everyone there jokes and throws sarcasm around but I can be told to STFU by a mod and I am the one being disrespectful?

I understand a lot of people joke around and call each other retards and what not, it's just sarcasm and fooling around, but when put into a leadership position, that person needs to take a step above and act a little more mature, but that may be me being military minded and all.

Also, prior to getting the e-mail from that mod, I had written an e-mail to him as a formal apology for acting un-accordingly. I guess the joking/attitude had gotten crossed so I stepped up and apologized for my actions on the boards if it had offended any one.

Sometimes things get taken to far and get real out of hand. some people take different things personal but all I was trying to say is that there is no reason to tell someone to STFU and then treat that person like garbage for something so little as an opinion or thought.

but if I have offended anyone by starting this topic or if I have said anything to make anyone upset, I apologize for that and I will try not to offend, annoy or tick off anyone from now on and I will try to help as much as I can with the knowledge that I have.
Old 09-24-2003, 10:44 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Littlejohn)</div><div class='quotemain'>As for my view points on that forum, there are some very smart people that help out very much but the way it is ran by some of the mods makes it a less desirable place.</div>

don't let your bad experience bring down the whole group. some of the mods over there are now mods here, and i think they r great mods. i do know what u r talking about though, some of them do, well, suck IMO.
Old 09-24-2003, 11:58 PM

i hear ya, thats why i said some.

hp is a good board for tech, i wont knock that. i have found many answers to problems there.