The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Harassment From The Police, Over And Over... And Over Again.

Old 08-13-2009, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 tib

That sucks bad dude!!,I got pulled over sunday AGAIN for nothing!! I was slower than the 2 cars in front and had an ass up my bumper,and he told me I was doing 55,I said yes,in a 60 zone!!, He looked hard at my wife and I ,said nice car,and left!,. They are always trying to get me, but I never get got!?
Old 08-13-2009, 03:01 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

and you guys give me shit for living in BFE Kansas.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:06 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I got pulled over a few years ago for "Accelerating in a Turn from a Stop".

Guy came up carefully, said why he pulled me over, I said...

Sir, isn't that what you do from a stoplight when you are turning?

Talked to me about my car and the military for 10 minutes and left.

LOL
Old 08-13-2009, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Oh yeah I forgot to mention it and majik hit it tangentially:

Unless the police have probable cause, you are within your rights to refuse them permission to search your vehicle at a traffic stop. To further the aim of keeping their noses out, close the door when you get out. If they see something suspicious (e.g., crack pipe on the seat) they can search inside without consent.

Remember: "do you mind if I have a look in your car" sounds friendly, but your "nah, go ahead" or "go ahead pig f*cker" is legal consent.

If they searched it without asking, that's a big no-no for them, and you have a chance to get them into court (which they tend to dislike) and ask what their probable cause was for searching the car.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:29 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Also, if you tell them no, they can use any of hundreds of reasons for getting a phone warrant. Sucks, but it's true.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:10 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

Hmm,

so once you're already out, on the curb with the door shut behind you would answering "Do you mind if I have a look in your car" with "under what probable cause" be considered "polite?" I can't really think of anyway to say no without GIVING them probable cause.

Fact of the matter is, why not just say yes if you have nothing to hide.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:49 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

If they pull some bs to get a phone warrant so be it, but since you have nothing to hide, would you like to just leave a house key at the police station so they can come walk around your house whenever they feel like it?

If I have nothing to hide and I haven't given the cops a probable cause then they can go search their own car if they wish, but they'll need a warrant before I'm gonna unlock the doors
Old 08-13-2009, 06:22 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Yes officer, I do mind. In fact, I am on the way to an important appointment, and you searching my car would only make me latER.

Being polite helps, but in a time when .gov is increasingly demanding, you sometimes have to flex your rights right in a peace officer's face. If an only one doesn't like it, let THEM go through the hassle (for a phone warrant), not you!
Old 08-13-2009, 11:05 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Hmmm I've been screwed a few times by cops too and I always seem to get the dicks. I guess people could say that if I just followed the rules and what not but if a cop is "going to be nice" and give you a ticket for something you wouldn't normally give a ticket for, why give one.......stupid government and their need of money......oh and yeah rookie cops are stupid as hell, can't even wipe their own ass so they need another pig to do it for them....and I know I sound like an immature asshole but really I respect cops and everything, I dont' ever talk back and if I ever see some sirens I immediately pull over so they can get past, I actually almost got rear ended because I stopped for a cop.....
Old 08-14-2009, 09:33 AM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Charger

Ive never had any problems with cops except the female ones.... i have yet to be proven wrong about my theory that all female cops are either butch and trying to show the world how tough they can be or that they have something to prove.....

ex: i got pulled over doing 106 in a 60 on the interstate by a SCHP in an undercover car...the guy didnt even run my license, reg, or anythign else, just asked to see my license. didnt even ask for proof of insurance... asked why i was speeding, i told him i had an appt to get to, and all he said was slow down and have a nice day... ive been pulled over 4 times since having my charger, and the ONE TIME i actually wasnt speeding was the time i got a ticket from this female biotch with a bad attitude when i didnt do anything wrong.

went to court, and when i asked her how was she sure it was even my car she clocked (she was going around a curve at the time) she said that the "radar could catch you even if your not within eyesight".... so i pointed out that if it could do that then how does she know it was even my car?
lost the case cause the judge was a fat f***** who didnt let ANYONE win that day, BUT i, a 20 year old female whjos never gotten a ticket or been to court before, made her look like a fool in front of a room full of people...totally worth it....