The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Great First Impresion......

Old 11-01-2009, 07:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (radu_rd2 @ Nov 1 2009, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I agree with red's and tanc's points in this thread. But you also have to understand that if EVERY new member who wanted to know (for example) "what's the cheapest way to get +5hp?" would make a new thread and ask that because they "didnt feel like searching", the site would become a huge boring mess. It's common sense to see if there is a thread on what you want to ask already. In your particular case, the search wouldn't have worked out too well and the 5-lug swap thread was closed anyway lol but hopefully you see my point.</div>

We have has some posts of BRAND NEW MEMBERS use the exact phrase "didnt feel like searching". Now searching could be a couple things, browsing the forums, looking in specific categories or typing a word into the box. If we just helped every person who did this as radu said we would just be a link farm.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:05 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Hey all. As as side note, I was just drunk the other night up late posting, lol. I was pretty irritated at the topic on its own, and hey, at the end of it all MJ posted, people vented, and I woke up undrunk to read all the crazyness smile.gif Didn't mean to come down on big J directly, not that he cares y'know. My bad if does, long live the RD!!! hehe
Old 11-01-2009, 09:40 AM

Vehicle: Tiburon 2001

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>MAJIKTIB
You weren't b****ed at Alpha. You just happened to be in the crossfire between two other members.

I don't like your attitude, both in this thread and the other one. You're new here, try to lay low for a little while before you start attacking people. With the way you handle yourself here, being brand new, many members might just give a big f*** you and be on their way.

You didn't get "hellfire" from anyone. Reread the threads again. You weren't b****ed at. If you feel it's not worth it, we won't miss you if you decide to leave.

I hope you stay, and learn to interact well with our members. Again, these threads weren't an attack on you, it's just some rough tension between other members. It should not have been aired out in these threads, but it was.

Edit: thank you radu. Several people have already said it, but for some reason this noob still doesn't get it.

Alpha - something tells me you're on your way to a lot of warnings. That's just my first impression of you.</div>

its funny how this is the gripe and complaint aerea and you cant even do that. you dont like my attitude?? tough. if you take the time to reread both post you will see that i wasnt the one who started getting all pissy and talkins crap. attacking people? who did i attack? the guy that attacked me first?

you know whats even funnier, that from were i stand theres more people that agree with how the mods acted and carried themselves was wrong as opposed to how many people think that what i did was a mortal sin (like you old farts make it out). my PM is full of people telling me no t to worry and ignore the power trip nazi regime that REDZMAN has in this forum

i might be perpetuating the noob stereotype but if it gets all the mods and senior memebers blood boiling, so be it!!! its funny as hell how you guy take this forum things super seriously and ridiculously far...

and my first impression of you is that you are on a fast track next to REDZMAN to becoming my favorite cyber spazzes.

thanks for the edit REDZMAN.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:05 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

^^^
YOU were never attacked. Actually, NO ONE was attacked. You were instructed whta to do, like thousands of other members have without a problem.

As for your PM box, HAHAHAH, whatever man. Mine is full, much like the shoutbox last night, of folks wondering what the hell your problem is. And I have a bigger PM box.

Since you've even stated you are keeping this going to try to annoy the staff, you get your first warning.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AlphaX3 @ Nov 1 2009, 02:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>correction, this is my first disaster thread.

what an efing 5hit5torm!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes i 'am a noob. yes i read the instructions (you have if you want to post). and NO i didnt search for similar topics. why? because i didnt feel like it. i much rather ask a question and get a straight answer from anyone willing to help. if it was the "wrong" thing to do, i am sorry, but honestly i feel that i didint deserve the hellfire i got and still getting t from the mods and other members. but i dont really truly care to get b****ed at here, its not worth it, i will still sleep fine today. like i said before a quick steer in the right direction and that would have been it, ths thread wouldnt even exist.

fortunenetly i wont be selling my car, i wont be leaving the site and you will still be seeing me around for years to come....

with regards to you REDZMAN, it seems that your problems arent just with me but from what i have searched (yey i searched!!!!) you have problems with a lot of people, and theres others that are not fans of yours. my sugestion is to take a chill pill, relax a bit bro its not worth getting an anurism over cyber problems</div>

Wow, still no humility. What are you, 15 years old? Momma never pulled you off her tit and spanked you?

First, you can easily get in and post here without reading the rules, you obviously haven't, or read them and don't want to follow them. That's fine, you will get warned for it when it happens from here on out. We usually give 25 to 50 posts to new members before issuing warnings, but you state you've read the rules, so yours starts from here.

Now, you just backed me up, you didn't even bother to do a cursory search for your information. I'm assuming this is the first forum you've ever joined, or that the others just had no staff worth a damn.

Worried about hellfire and such, you sir, are a moron.

I have no problems with you, you are just another brand new member, with a big chip in his ass, thinking he is owed everything. I actually have very few problems with any members on the forums. I am an administrator here, I do my job, and enforce the rules, that ruffles the feathers of children like you. Yay.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (radu_rd2 @ Nov 1 2009, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I agree with red's and tanc's points in this thread. But you also have to understand that if EVERY new member who wanted to know (for example) "what's the cheapest way to get +5hp?" would make a new thread and ask that because they "didnt feel like searching", the site would become a huge boring mess. It's common sense to see if there is a thread on what you want to ask already. In your particular case, the search wouldn't have worked out too well and the 5-lug swap thread was closed anyway lol but hopefully you see my point.</div>

Agreed. Unfortunately we have had to develop these stricter rules over the past 6 years because of the problems new members like AccentX3 here bring when they think they are in charge.

You are not (AccentX3).

Radu and I here don't get along most of the time, and sometimes we get heated, but we still talk to eachother and participate with eachother's discussions. From the start we wanted these forums to be different than the rest, and not have the thousands of worthless threads that others have, with no information.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (yamaha @ Nov 1 2009, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Again, while I think Jeremy can be a real ass sometimes. I would hate to have people sending me messages via PM or AIM asking the same damn questions. This doesn't mean I support his way of telling people.

What has this site come to? I know forums of old we're never like this in the Hyundai scene. We should all be happy to have a forum to go to and to have a place of knowledge, especially for the RD. I don't post often much anymore for this reason.

Idea:Why not make a PM sent out to people who join with some links to the rules and search feature. I'm not sure if this is incorporated or not, but I think would alleviate some issues with newer members asking the same thing over and over.</div>

Like I said above brother, it has developed this way through all of the crap we've all seen here. Vendors ripping folks off for thousands of dollars. Newb members DOS attacking the site for weeks, members concocting threads of sleeping with other members wives. This crap and more, has made it as such. I even had a thread a bit ago in our staff section aboutt completely cleaning up and redoing all of the rules, as they have gotten huge, and overbearing. I thought in the intro email we had the links to the rules and all, but they just don't read or follow them. Hell, I get 4 or 5 emails a month from new members wondering how to post, because they didn't even read the email.

We do KNOW there are problems, we are working on them as usual, but putting out the fires that new Know it All members like AccentX3 don't help, and really just waste time.

In the end, where does this thread get us? Same place as usual.

1. New member feels like he should get everything givenn to him.
2. Staff tells him to search and close the thread.
3. New member feels done on all fronts, then starts a complaint thread.
4. Other members that have been watching and slathering for a fight all pile in on the complaint thread.
5. Staff sigh, wonder if they'd rather commmit suicide than deal with the thread of the year.
6. Other members come in and state their opinions that yes, it's not perfect here, yes, some work needs to be done.
7. New member then reiterates his entire first post, after having found the search button and looking for negatives.
8. Seeing that the new member won't read, or be a part of the community, the thread is then closed.
9. Occasionally new member starts another gripe thread to gripe about gripe threads. Since you already did that IN this thread, I'm not expecting this one.

Rinse and repeat in 9 months.

It is simple, you joined OUR site. You will follow OUR rules. If you don't, as Majiktib (one of our calmest members) stated, you are free to NOT participate at all. Please make that your choice, we don't like banning folks here.

Oh yeah, cut out with the Nazi bullshit talk, and watch this video before you post anything again.

http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-behave...-internet-forum

Here's how it's going to work. This thread is going to be closed.

PERIOD.

You will read the site rules and follow them. After you have read, and COMPREHEND the forum rules, you can PM me stating that you have read and will follow the site rules, as well as have watched the above video.

When you have done so, you will be allowed to post again, until then, you will not.

To append to this thread, AccentX3 did PM me.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Personal Message
AlphaX3
Rating: 0
View Member Profile
Add as Friend
Send Message
Add to PM block list
Forward PM
Find Member's Topics
Find Member's Posts

wtf??, Today, 10:44 AM

Stock

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 9,731

(5%) -X----+

i saw the video and read the rules and came to the same conclusion: YOU f***ING SUCK!!!!

peace f***er...</div>
Old 11-01-2009, 12:24 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Well, I thought AccentX3 would turn himself into a valuable member but I suppose I was wrong.

We don't need people with that kind of attitude here anyways. I could careless how many people are left. There could be 3 other people left in the scene and I'd be okay with that since all of them have positive attitude. Rather than 2000 people with the mentality of AccentX3.

Cya brah, you won't be missed.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:39 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (yamaha @ Nov 1 2009, 09:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Idea:Why not make a PM sent out to people who join with some links to the rules and search feature. I'm not sure if this is incorporated or not, but I think would alleviate some issues with newer members asking the same thing over and over.</div>

Im going to bring this up in the staff forums and hopefully we can come up with some way to implement this. I agree with a lot that has been said in here and believe that we do need some other ways to get people to go through the rules. New members that get mad at us is one thing but when its causing the guys that have been here FOREVER to not post then I think we need to pay more attention to that.
Old 11-01-2009, 02:31 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

AlphaX3, wow...

well at least we can all use this as a learning experience. wonder if this is the same kid who couldn't get his game to load on youtube?