The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Great First Impresion......

Old 10-31-2009, 10:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I just refuse to read your rants man. They are worthless and change nothing.

Fact is, you had no issues here on this site till you got into it with me in the shoutbox and got temp banned from it because you wouldn't shut your trap when told to.

Then you acted like a 2 year old with your pictures because I wouldn't apologize.

Your word red, used to mean a lot to me, now, nothing at all. You left the scene, and it moved on without you.

I think it is You that needs to grow up.

No one ever said there was a HUGE amount of data on the swap, or that the search works well or is easy to do. But it has been said by bigger folks than I, teach a person to fish, you feed them for a lifetime, give them a fish, they have a meal. It is evident the young man didn't search at all.

Period.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:17 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Kawasaki ZX6R

It's well known the site search feature sucks donkey balls. That's why anyone internet savy uses google.

"5 lug" site:rdtiburon.com

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&safe...mp;aq=f&oq=
Old 10-31-2009, 10:19 PM

Sorry that you think the facts of the situation can be dismissed as "rants".

I also like that you mention "you wouldn't shut your trap", when in fact you were passing off bullshit that was wrong as if you somehow knew the answer. And instead of admitting wrong, you decided it was better to ban. At which point, another moderator kindly corrected your mistake. But you have a long history of being wrong, and then not admitting it but instead attacking the other person and getting butt-hurt over it.

I'm here in this thread to finally expose at least one example where you are wrong, and you have LOTS of opportunity here to apologize to the person. I don't expect you to, because you've become an ass to everyone who you feel threatens your mighty position of moderator of the hyundai forums. You feel threatened by me, you felt threatened by Tony, you fundamentally are too childish to be in charge.

And you continue to prove my point with each response in this thread smile.gif Please, do continue!

Edit -- DDDude: you'll notice all the underlined sections in my post are hyperlinks; I did indeed link your exact search in my post. It really is 500+ posts in there smile.gif
Old 10-31-2009, 10:21 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Just for shits and grins....

If you read the New Member FAQ, it mentions that there is a DIY section.

If you go to the DIY section, you will see that the third item listed under "BRAKES, WHEELS, TIRES, SUSPENSION" is the "4 to 5-lug swap - Red"

It took me less than 2 minutes to find this.

For those who can't find it, the FAQ is listed in the nav bar at the top. Here's a direct link for everyone that doesn't want to scroll up: http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=4980 (btw, it's also a sticky in the New Users Area where the Introduction threads are posted.
And in post #8, it has a link to the DIY section. Here it is for you all: http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=50
And the 4 to 5-lug swap: http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=31647

Old 10-31-2009, 10:22 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Quoted again so that people read it twice. I agree with Red, the rd community is small. If we steer everyone away, all we'll have left with is 10 members at the end of the day. Lets not do that. These forums are here for people that love their vehicle to engage in interactive learning to better understand their vehicle. This than fosters innovative thinking and new ideas. If you guys seen my tib pics, I have a 06 bumper on. If it wasn't for these forums, I would of never been able to of got the idea. I love that bumper.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Red @ Nov 1 2009, 12:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Well, isn't this interesting. Rather than spending two minutes blasting the n00b for not searching, let's instead spend five minutes finding the threads that Jeremy swears are "abounding" on this forum regarding the multitude of opportunities for the 5-lug swap. I decided to do this search myself, so that we don't waste Jeremy's precious time in the shoutbox -- because educating new members obviously comes about 192nd to spamming the inbox about your new gun.

So, search term: 5 lug Result? Well, you can't do that, because there aren't enough characters for the search to accept it.

Next search term: 5-lug Result? Oddly enough, it came up absolutely zero.

You know what? I'm beginning to think that all of our time expended on telling the n00bs to search really is all for naught when our forum search engine somehow tells us that "5-lug" has zero hits, because I know for a fact that's not correct. Let's do this the right way, let's break out the REAL search-foo and summon the web-diety known as GOOGLE Now we have some ACTUAL results for "5-lug" specifically targetted at this forum; five hundred and thirty six of them if you believe Google's header. Let's peruse through, shall we?

Page one.

We have Blacktibs asking about full coilovers on a 5-lug swapped Tib. Not going to find a "how to" on the swap itself there.

We have a few for-sale threads, selling GK rims or other GK-compatible rims. I think we can scratch those.

We have AccentX3's thread, and we know what kind of shitstorm that turned out to be.

Got a thread about redrilling GK brakes to fit the RD. Getting closer perhaps?

Got a guy asking about 19" wheels and if they need a 5-lug swap. No luck there.

Now we actually run into a thread about someone trying to swap knuckles from a Sunfire or something -- no luck there. Then we have some 4-to-5 lug adapter talk, no luck. We have the "Look what I worked on over the summer" thread where Optimus got the front two right but couldn't quite nail down the back half of the car.

Video of a turbo tib with 5-lug swap but we have no clue who the owner is. There's Zoned19 getting closer but never quite got it. Then we have more wheels for sale, talk of a donor car where you could get the parts for a 5-lug swap, oh wait -- there's Stitch with an actual 5-lug-swapped Tib! We found it! We found where the prior how-to was! Oh wait, no we didn't, he never posted anything about how to do it... D'oh. Keep going...

Let's see, wheels for sale, a bumper for sale with an example picture from Korea with a tib that's 5-lug swapped (but no detail), talk about making a 5-lug swap kit for sale (but it never came to fruition), more wheel topics, more brake upgrade topics, page 5 now, more BBK talk, more 5-lug attempts with XG parts that go nowhere, page 6, more BBK, a compression test thread somehow sneaks into the search criteria (lol), page 7, here's Optimus's famous "Who has completed the 5-lug swap" - someone swooped in to offer one for sale eventually, but the only result of that thread was my DIY thread.

More adapters, then page 8 (that means I've scanned 70 threads so far), there's some craigslist talk, there's a Tib for sale (ha! wonder who that guy is...) that actually has the 5-lug swap, page 9, 10, 11 and 12 are all either wheels for sale or rehash of the above.

Finally, at page 13 of the Google search, we have a 5-lug DIY. Look, we went through 125 threads on Google before we got someone telling us how to do it! And look, that same someone ACTUALLY DOCUMENTED how to do it, not just threw a parts list onto a single broken sentence posted with no context or instructions. Good, so we found the one that we all actually know exists. But Jeremy tells us that the 5-lug swap info is all over the damned place if we just search, right? Let our intrepid Google search carry us forward!

Page 14, my b****ing about my experience with H&R but that has no relevance, oh and some other help-me threads with "Go search ya f***in n00b!" all over them. Nice smile.gif Page 15 is more of the blah blah, and finally at page 16 we've actually hit the end of Google's road: In order to show you the most relevant results, we have omitted some entries very similar to the 154 already displayed.
If you like, you can repeat the search with the omitted results included.

I just spent 10 minutes typing this thread while simultaneously searching google for information on the 5-lug swap anywhere on this forum. I could've probably cut that in half or better by not posting at the same time. Nevertheless, the only instructions I found were my own.

Perhaps you should realize that search isn't always the answer, that what you think is right really might not be, that what you say to one person has a way of being retold to others, and that your treatment of people is not that of a leader. You were once a n00b too, and I was there to spoon feed you. When you went to High School, your teacher answered the same question 100x times per year, for every year they taught. It was part of their job, as well as keeping everyone in line, just as it's part of YOUR job as the moderator of this website along with keeping everyone in line.

If you'd rather play mall cop instead of teacher, then that's your deal. But there's a reason why nobody wants to be a mall cop when they grow up, contrasted by how many people would actually like to be a teacher when they grow up. Even if the payscale is the same...

This thread, your responses, this entire reportaire of yours is a prime example of what's fundamentally wrong with Hyundai enthusiast forums as of late. The RD is a dead breed gentlemen, they aren't making any more. The people who you scare away today aren't going to be replaced by a new crowd tomorrow. This is it. So if you're the last stragglers of a forlorn race, do you spend your time blasting those who don't follow your millitaristic rule, or do you welcome them with open arms because they might just be the last one to come in?

I think all of us, admins, moderators, geezers, users, and n00bs alke should already know the answer to that.

Edit - Missed a bracket for bolding 02.gif</div>
Old 10-31-2009, 10:24 PM

Sorry, I wasn't wrong.

For everyone here, it was a conversation about networking in my new house.

Yup.

And I was right, the N+ network in my house now is perfect, and a HUGE upgrade from the G network I had before. I get 4 to 5 times faster connections on my laptop now, and my computers that couldn't connect on G now connect great on N.

Red here kept ranting for an hour about how there was no difference, and that I didn't need to change anything.

Yup.

I've never felt threatened by you, or Tony. How the hell would either of you 2 threaten me?

Hahahah!

Are you kidding me? This goes from this guy having a legit complaint to you feeling left out because you aren't staff at a Hyundai site?

Wow. Just wow.

Look Red, and yes, this IS a threat, don't post in here anymore. Your position is stated, will not be edited, and everyone can read it. I want to leave this thread open for other members to post, but if you post again, you will be warned, and the posts put to invisible.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:29 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RED ZMAN @ Nov 1 2009, 01:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Look Red, and yes, this IS a threat, don't post in here anymore. Your position is stated, will not be edited, and everyone can read it. I want to leave this thread open for other members to post, but if you post again, you will be warned, and the posts put to invisible.</div>

I respectfully disagree. Matters aren't resolved, and shutting up one party won't resolve the issue at hand either.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:35 PM

I think it's rather funny that you omitted quite a bit of that shoutbox conversation, but whatever. You were right, I'm quite sure. smile.gif Let that be a lesson to everyone -- when the story doesn't go the way of a vindictive mod, it's because that wasn't the right story.

And because I want to be a moderator of this site? Of any Hyundai site? Of even any forum in general? Not really. I have a full time job, salaried unfortunately because that means I get to work on nights and some weekends for the same pay. Occasionally I have time, but not enough to properly moderate a site such as this one in the proper way. The proper way, of course, being one of education, not of dictatorship and continued mocking and threats.

I find it more humorous that my allusions to whoever called my car a "piece of shit" mentioned no names in my For Sale thread. But see what happens when you suddenly feel threatened (because you knew who it was?) The thread got locked! Quickly! And I was very quickly warned about bannings. I find that ironic, given the exact same behavior in this thread here.

Of course you weren't wrong, RedZ. SO if you weren't wrong, why the sudden need to close threads, to ban people, and to get defensive on an epic scale?

Clarification point: The only person I really have ANY complaint with here is Jeremy. You are the only one who I see consistently abusing new people, or abusing old people, or abusing people in general. I have seen multitudes of mods and admins provide solid coaching. In fact, I've even seen YOU give solid coaching occasionally. But then you wake up on the wrong side of the bed, or you get in a mood, and all hell breaks loose.

We all have bad days, the trick of a leader is to acknowledge this and to correct our behavior going forward. If you cannot learn to adapt and change, then you're not much use as a leader.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:41 PM

Matters won't be resolved with me and red unfortunately. I have nothing to prove to him, and he feels I do.

This is staying open for the OP and others.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:48 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Tiburón GT

i don't care if i get warned......this are the things that makes me feel like leaving the scene....... chase away the "new" people b/c they don't search and when some staff don't like what someone says the thread gets locked before that person can defend them self.... im amazed that this thread haven't been locked yet.

i have learned a lot on this forum and always try to help anyone regardless if the question have been answered a google times. instead of answering the question to who ever ask, that person gets b****ed that its been answered thousands of time, search and bam locked.

sorry but i have seen this go on for a while and never say anything, but that doesnt mean i agree with the method.