The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Got Into A Minor Accident

Old 03-01-2006, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Two days ago I was in a minor accident involving me and one of those raised 4x4 trucks. I rear ended him due to multitasking (won't go into detail on that one) and my car was so low, and his was so high that I seriously went underneath his truck slightly, and the thing on the back that's used for towing scratched up my hood, and gashed the bumper above the high beam.=/ Luckily, no one was hurt and there was no damage at all to his truck. This is the 2nd accident I have been, both in which the other car was not damaged at all, yet mine was. First one in the Tibby though.02.gif

This is a very bad time for the Tib because there are quite a few things that I have been trying to get done to the car for a while, including State Inspection (need that God forsaken 02 bung welded in before the cat), new wheels since the ones I have are so banged up on the inside that they're causing bubbling in the same tire(s) every 3,000 mi or so, new TRANSMISSION, and now a new hood, preferably a CF one, and hopefully repairs to the bumper. God knows how much this is all going to cost me. I'm not exactly sure what happened to the bumper, but on the right side there is now spacing from the headlights to the bumper; by that I mean that instead of the headlights being surrounded by that circular rubber seal, you can see a gap between the high beam & low beam lights and the seal. Hopefully this is repairable, otherwise I'm going to need a new bumper.

But yes, as of now I'm thinking the manual swap is more of a luxury than a necessity. : ( It's not like I can sell the car at this point and get much value from it unless I make repairs, but if I'm going to make those repairs/fixes, I want to keep it! I might just have to buy an extended warranty for another +/- $1000 or whatever it is and then get a new autotragic for free because by the time I get all the parts from a junkyard or another source, who knows what kind of condition the tranny will be in. But this accident just put me back another square because now I have to deal with these repairs. The damage to the hood has definitely inspired me to grab a CF hood, perhaps the reverse vented Erebuni one, but for now I might have to settle with an E-bay one.

If anyone can help me out with any of this, please let me know. sad.gif The car is overwhelming me right now and I am doing my best right now to take care of it and make the money to do these things.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

well, if it was your fault and there was no damage to his truck, you should think about not claiming it...

do you think its worth the increase in your insurance premium?