The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Gas Prices Rule!

Old 08-31-2005, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

Look at what I got in my email yesterday.

IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF GASOLINE FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME
TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES.
AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OF OVER 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES.

THEREFORE SEPTEMBER 1st HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT UP THEIR BEHIND " DAY AND THE PEOPLE OF THESE TWO NATIONS SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF GASOLINE THAT DAY.

THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE
WORD OUT. WAITING ON THE GOVERNMENT TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE DEDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES THAT THE ARAB NATIONS PROMISED TWO WEEKS AGO?

REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF GASOLINE
GOING UP BUT AT THE SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCKING COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING MATERIALS, MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC.

WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO! WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY, WE WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN.

SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS EMAIL
TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE SEPTEMBER 1ST A DAY THAT THE CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA SAY "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"

I dunno, but sounds like a plan to me. WADDYA THINK??
Old 08-31-2005, 12:15 PM

^^ If you just boycot gas for one day, everyone will rush out and make up forwhat they didnt get the next day.

It needs to be perminant boycot determined not by length of time, but by price.

For example, boycot all gas over $3 a gallon. Anytime the price gets higher than that, no one buys gas.

Once the oil companies catch on and realize gas stations arent't selling gas when it's that high, and no profits are bing made, they'll have no choice but to drop the prices.

Could take a day for them to drop to $3 or lower, could take a couple - but as long as NO ONE buys gas when it's over $3, they'll eventually stop trying.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:17 PM

but shell has $.08 off for premium tomorrow! I can't not get gas...
Old 08-31-2005, 12:22 PM

I really dont think itll do any good. Some of us that would do that would loose our jobs cuz for every one of us that is willing to do something there are 10 more that arent. Those ppl will take our jobs and we will become homeless and unable to feed or shelter our families. You say that ppl only care about themselves but i have a family and a 5yr old son to worry about. Im not willing to risk him starving because of something like this. I agree with you though about gas prices but my familys well being is more important to me than gas prices.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:39 PM

^^ I understand completely, and I think everyone would agree that family IS more important than gas prices.

But these prices effect more than just gas. The groceries you feed your family are going to be more expensive. The clothes they wear will be more expensive.

Cars aren't the only method of transportation. People can easily ride bikes to work (some can't, I know), but at least they CAN ride/walk to the store for food, or anywhere that is within distance.

People are too dependent on cars, which is dependent on the gov't, and less dependent on themselves and their communities.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:36 PM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Loyen @ Aug 31 2005, 05:49 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>if natural gas wouldn't be bad for the engine, i would so install the equipment...... mad.gif 02.gif
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>
I've read somewhere, that gas is not that bad.
Propane has 110 octan number, so there would be no detonation.
Natural gas burns slower than gasolin, so pressure will rise slower - this is better for engine (less stress).
I've read also that natural gas do not clean oil film from cylinder wall as gasoline does.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:27 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Black01Tibby @ Aug 31 2005, 04:05 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>You guys need to realize that they pay A LOT MORE for gas in Europe and Asia than we do here in America. .... People need to realize what the rest of the world pays for gas, and to be truly American, we should be willing to pay the same.

Um, no. They pay more in Europe because of taxes, and only taxes. The base cost for those countries is slightly less than for N.A. We are now paying more because of supply. And people WANT to pay more in Europe, that's the tradeoff for excellent and cheap public transportation, and less pollution.

I can't think of anything more UN-American than our govt increasing gas taxes to match Europe without the consent of the population. Fortunately gas taxes are still under the control of states. I'm sure the federal govt will eventually take that over though with the usual blackmail methods.

I'm willing to pay the same when I have a viable alternative to driving. High speed trains, metro lines, and a lot of [clean] buses that can quickly take me where I need to go.

Gas was $2.39 in my area on Monday. $2.59 Tuesday. Today, prices are $2.89-$3.05 average. I find it hard to believe that all the gas stations have even received new gas deliveries during the last 48 hours. Yet the price has surged. Gouging isn't limited to disaster areas it seems.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:40 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

most of us Tiburons here, correct? seriously, you all should be gettin about 30 MPG. the ones who should be b1tching should be owners of Hemi Dodges. get over it.

these boycott things are ridiculous
Old 08-31-2005, 03:19 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Aug 31 2005, 10:09 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Uhm, you're embarassed to be an American because Oil prices went up here? WTF ever doode, the rest of the world has paid outrageous prices for years. Go ahead and blame the current government for all the problems of the world. You're right, it's the current administrations fault that we've not expanded our oilfields, refineries or gone to other fuel methods in the past 30 years.

No. You're not even close with that one.

I'm embarassed to be associated with an obese nation that requires them to buy gas guzzling trucks and SUVs, which happens to be the very few vehicles that can support their fat @$$es. They're wasting gas with 10mpg. SUVs and trucks have started getting wider,...next the lanes on the highway will get wider...eventually...this nation will get so fat, the scrawny ones will be swimming around a ginormous pool of lard @$$es.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:28 PM

hahahahahah
fat people are to blame for high gas prices?
lmao.gif
wink1.gif

Gas is over the 3 dollar mark here in los angeles.