The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Gas Prices Rule!

Old 08-31-2005, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

prices are getting scarrier...

if natural gas wouldn't be bad for the engine, i would so install the equipment...... mad.gif 02.gif
Old 08-31-2005, 08:56 AM

$3.71 93 in new york
Old 08-31-2005, 09:04 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

owned.gif feel mine pain

a full tank 129 USD

120 octane 175USD

its off the hook here Reg is $1.50 a liter so you do the math

and the av gas is 4.00 USD a Liter

and good old army mogas{ with water in it} is 222 a gallan

and AAFES Gas is 2.53 a gallon

they raised the prices here on all the bases to day and tommrow the ones off post will go up as well
owned.gif

i would say that have if not all the taxi's in pusan are Natural gas AKA LPG
32,000 of them. and half of the rides that the koreans owen are LPG

they are not bad i have see then do the conversion you just have to use a diffrent oil.... thats what the told me if its true i couldn't tell you
Old 08-31-2005, 09:06 AM

If it reaches/exceeds $3.50, I will not buy it.

Gas prices will never go down until the gov't cares, and the gov't isn't going to care until its a national crisis.

The problem is, people are going to buy it no matter what it costs, so I don't think that will ever happen.

If people wised up and just said "Hey..this is ridiculous - were not paying these prices. Either lower them, or don't sell any gas at all" then they would.

And I'm not talking about not buying gas for 1 day - that accomplishes nothing as they will make up for it the next. I'm talking about not buying gas PERIOD if it is $3.00 and above.

If they see that no one buys gas when it gets that high, it simply wont get that high. But again...people care more about themselves and getting to THEIR job, rather than about helping the entire COUNTRY spend more wisely the money everyone else earns from theirs.

My point: Don't do shit. Don't get gas, which means you cant get to work, which means not a single thing in this country will get done. It would take something that extreme before it's realized as a crisis, and not until then will things change.

It will reach $6+ a gallon before people call it a crisis, which is a shame.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:11 AM

Yeah but you have to understand that isn't much of a logical thing. Yes, it does make sense... but it is NOT logical for people to just throw a hissy fit by not getting gas and not doing their duties. People rely on other people. What if people didn't get gas to go to work at say a hospital or a police station? What if someone was really in trouble? I'm sorry, but I do believe more of a crisis comes out of neglecting duties over spending more money on gas. If this will be the case, maybe people should just plan out their commuting better, or perhaps purchase a car better on mileage. My mom is in fact looking into a 4cyl. car since her Camaro is 8cyl. and her Taurus is 6cyl., thus causing her to put more gas into cars that she drives at least an hour and a half a day for work. Tiburons are pretty excellent on gas (at least the 4cyl. ones anyway), so I don't have to fill my tank nearly as much as other people. It all takes planning and conservation instead of throwing a fit... which is all not buying gas and not going to work will do. That would raise a state of anarchy. People will lose their jobs over such a silly thing, and other people can become seriously harmed in so many ways.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:18 AM

If you don't do anything about it, it will never change.

If people keep buying gas no matter what the cost is, what is their incentive to lower the prices? There is none - infact, they just sit and smile and get richer and richer. It's hurting us, and helping them.

They don't care how high the prices get - that's more money in their pocket.

There comes a point where something needs to be done. Sitting idle and shelling out any price they give is not going to accomplish a thing other than reassuring them we will buy it no matter what the price is.

The sooner people act, the sooner things get done.

People shouldn't have to work over-time, buy new cars, and spend MORE money when gas prices go up. Gas is already expensive - why add other expenses to the mix?

Police/etc don't have to buy gas. They get it for free. This would not affect the public safety system.

Boycots work. No one is going to lose their job - if enough people aren't coming in, they aren't going to fire EVERYBODY. Once the gov't realized there's emptpy offices, and no one is going anywhere or buying anything, they'll do something.

Until then, the oil companies, gov't, and gas stations are just going to sit back, relax, and watch the sheep go broke.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:05 AM

You guys need to realize that they pay A LOT MORE for gas in Europe and Asia than we do here in America. Now people are gonna say "thats because we are Americans, if they don't gives us cheap oil we will take it." Unfortunately thats not the way it works. People need to realize what the rest of the world pays for gas, and to be truly American, we should be willing to pay the same.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:20 AM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

Just hit $3.21 here. It's supposed to go to $3.60 by Saturday. Eyecrazy.gif
Old 08-31-2005, 11:01 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

no matter all the b1tching and complaining, people are still gonna pay for it. fossil fuels are a necessity.

suck it up.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:57 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Black01Tibby @ Aug 31 2005, 11:05 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>You guys need to realize that they pay A LOT MORE for gas in Europe and Asia than we do here in America. Now people are gonna say "thats because we are Americans, if they don't gives us cheap oil we will take it." Unfortunately thats not the way it works. People need to realize what the rest of the world pays for gas, and to be truly American, we should be willing to pay the same.
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>
Then people in Europe in Asia should boycot it as well.

Just standing aside and buying it isn't going to encourage lower prices. If people keep buying it, the price will never go down. If they learn that people will buy gas no matter what the price is, do you honestly think oil companies are just going to reduce prices out of kindness? No. If you're buying it, their happy. And if they can keep hiking the prices while people still buy it, they will keep doing that without any reason to feel that a change is necessary.

What a lot of people seem to be forgetting is that this does not just affect gas prices. Higher oil prices mean higher fees for airlines, which means higher ticket costs. Trucking companies also get hit by the price hikes, and have to increase their shipping costs that companies pay. To pay for those costs, those companies need to increase the cost of their products...and the chain goes on and on. A LOT of stuff gets more expensive because of it.

'Keep buying gas' may sound like a patriotic and good-American thing to do, but it's not. In only hurts us all in the long run by encouraging companies to keep increasing prices. If they can raise prices without affecting sales, they're going to!. And that is NOT what we want.

I don't get America. The gov't bends them over and ****s them, and all they do is ask for more of it.