The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

The G** D**n Tib

Old 05-31-2005, 03:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow, same thing happened to my tranny, nice whole missing out of the bottom...

why do i always end up starting a sencond page....
Old 05-31-2005, 03:49 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

dude, your car sounds very solid, you have an engine rebuild, a ported head, and a gt intake cam .. that thing is good to go for a long time. just fix the tranny.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:04 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I know you are pissed bro, but remember, it IS a 8 year old car. Things do go out, we can fix that biatch and you can drive it back in August.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:07 PM

I just sent you a PM. I can put you in touch with the Vegas Hyundai crowd. Someone might have the spare parts you need to get home.

From what you described.... It sounds like it might be the shifter cables. If you shift it into gear, but the transmission doesn't grind, but also doesn't "engage"... it sounds like you're not in any gear at all.

It also could be something as simple as the throw-out bearing slipped off the shift forks. I've seen it happen. It's a PITA to fix (several hours labor), but it's cheap if you can DIY.

I can try to help you diagnose what's wrong if you gimme a call. My Cell # is in the PM you have.

Worse case senario I'll kidnap Jaws021 this weekend and drive to vegas. He and I can do a tranny/clutch swap in about 4 hours flat. laugh.gif
Old 05-31-2005, 04:07 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I'm sure the guys in the West U.S will help ya out... no reason to ditch a perfectly good car. As someone said, it is eight years old, and eight year old cars have problems.... 8 year old Hondas have problems, 8 year old Ferraris have problems, all older cars have problems. Its one of the only disadvantage to buying used.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:16 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Good show Random, Good Show!

LOL
Old 05-31-2005, 07:39 PM

Don't send another one to the graveyard before its time! Enlist the help of your fellow RD friends. I'd help too but I'm in Philly. Unless the car was wrecked beyond fixing I'd never get rid of it!
Old 05-31-2005, 11:44 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Sorry to hear that AJ. Things'll work out. wink1.gif Don't sell your car, just get her fixed. You'll be happy you did!
Old 06-01-2005, 04:16 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

Man, that's really sucks!

Same thing happened to me once. It was broken CV joint. :angry:

If you rev up engine and speedo needle goes up - so your secondary shaft in tranny is spinning. So your shifting cables, fork should be ok.

First of all check axles (CV joints). You can turn wheels all the way to the right, put handbrake on, then put 1st gear, realeas the clutch. Engine will not stall and car will not move. Go and see if axle that goes to the CV joint is spinning. Then repeat the same with anouther wheel. If it spinning - then you have problem with CV joint.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:35 AM

Vehicle: 05 Subaru WRX

thansk for all the advice fellas. im not sure what will be done at this point. its kinda hard fro me to do the work being 600 miles away in abq, but i want to fix her. i already have maintec gt headers and an air ram on the way fr her. the main prob is i cant afford to spend money right now. due to the fact im getting married in august. money is one of the import things i cant be spending right now. random i will hit you up in the next couple of days and see what we can work out i might be able to get 5 days off to go out there and work on her.

ok here is what i think it might be you guys tell me. i was in a turn so there is that added stress on the diff. could that be the cause?