The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

freakin' car dealers

Old 12-29-2004, 11:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2K Tib
Default Re: Hissing sound??!?

Ok, what is with the f***ing sunroofs? EVERY f***ING CAR!

I called 5 mazda dealers today, looking for an RX8 without a sunroof...5 dealers, 35 cars...ONE without a sunroof.

Jags? Sunroof standard
BMW...Sunroof optional but the salesguy says he hasn't seen one without sunroof in 3 years at his dealership....not much of an option.

I was hangin' at the Dodge, Chrysler, Hyundai, Jeep dealership...they didn't have ONE new car without a sunroof. I must have looked at 10 cars that day. The cars that came without one (as in, unavailable as a factory option) the dealer had one installed. Well, not on the convertables. What the f***?

What, I'm the only tallish person on the planet? I'm not THAT tall, but at 6'3" I need that extra inch of headroom the sunroof takes up. I can't be the only person that doesn't want one. Or maybe it's a case of too MANY tallish people buying the cars I'm looking at and the dealers not keeping inventory. But whatever the case, it sucks, cuz it's making my search a lot harder.

Damn short people...can't reach the top shelf, fit in any car. You freaks.
Old 12-30-2004, 08:07 AM

Vehicle: 2K Tib
Default Technical intercooler question.

Screw the double post policy. tongue.gif

While I'm b****ing about car dealers, I have a few words about car sales PEOPLE.

Know your inventory, this is your job, if you don't know what cars you have, you can't help me.

Do know the NAMES and MODELS of the cars you sell. If I ask you the difference between a SE and XE model, you SHOULD KNOW...not make some lame excuse and get an options brochure...I COULD HAVE READ THE BROCHURE, you ASS! Again, you job is SELLING CARS. You should know about what your selling.

Don't argue with me, it pisses me off and I won't buy a car from you.

Don't do the high pressure sales thing, I hate it and it makes me hate you. I'm not 18 and my will is stronger than your greed. You arn't going to talk me into buying a car. and while your at it, don't try and sell me on a car I just said I didn't like. If I don't fit inside the car, here's a clue, I'M NOT BUYING IT, you dumbass.

Do be honest and reasonable. If I say I'm calling from 2 hours away, don't tell me you MIGHT have the car I'm looking for and repeatedly ask me "when can you come in to take a look" I can't just "come in", it's not around the corner, it's a 2 freakin' hour drive. It's half a day just in driving time to find out your 'might', isn't. ARGH!

LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS and learn to read people. I know your used to convincing people of things but seriously, If I say I can't afford the car your showing me, I mean it. I know how much money I make and you don't, why are you arguing with me. (See above about arguing)
Old 12-30-2004, 08:23 AM

Default Re: Technical intercooler question.

Haha, man. I'm SO glad my car doesn't have a sunroof. When I was car shopping, every f***ing Tib I saw had a damn sunroof. Personally, I hate them because I always feel a draft and I don't like knowing there is a window above me (even if there is that shutter thing). Plus, I just don't like them.

Luckily, I avoided all car salesman. They kept trying to coax me into looking around with them and I was like "NO MAN. I DON'T HAVE THE MONEY NOW. I'M JUST LOOKING AROUND. F**K YOU VERY MUCH." I bought my Tib at a dealership in Langhorne, PA. It's a relatively big dealership across the street from the biggest dealership in the world, Reedman. The car salesman was the same guy my parents bought this car from back in 1998. He gave me about $3,000 off my car and was so completely nice about everything. He didn't push anything since he knew I was a first-time car buyer. I'm glad I went an hour and a half out of the way to get my car... simply because there was no hassle and no aggravation.
Old 12-30-2004, 09:01 AM

Default Re: FS: BBTB

see, now I wish my car had a sunroof... oh well. When I bought mine, there were 15 tibs on the lot.. only ONE did not have a sunroof and only ONE was a manual... she's been mine now for over 5 years.

When I asked about special ordering, I was told that Hyundai does not special order, they get what they get. The Salesman was nice, a real good uy who took care of me the best he could... the dealship itself... full of Arseholes. EVERYTIME I take my car in there, I have an issue with something they did. From blowing out the gage reostate when the air bag light came on, to unhooking my radio and destroying my power antenna when they fixed the reostate, to throwing my alighnment so far out of wack when I had a bearing replaced, I wore through my RE750s in no time flat... I REFUSE to take my car back there ever again.
Old 12-30-2004, 09:43 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: XBox or PS2??

That's not a double post.

Dates are different.

Noob.

wink.gif

Anyways, my big complaint with dealers now is they want a GODDAMNED CREDIT CHECK before they let you TEST DRIVE THE CAR!!!

<span style="font-size:36pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:red">WTF?!?!?!?</span></span>

How do I know I even want to BUY the freaking car if you won't let me test drive it?!?!?!?!?
Old 12-30-2004, 12:39 PM

Default Re: DIY - Resetting your ECU

of course you know.. having your credit run actually lowers it slightly.